Sign in to follow this  
woody

Locking Wheel Bolt Problem Bournemouth Area

Over a year ago was the last time I had the rear wheels off my C. Went to do it this evening and found out that the locking bolt removal tool to fit into the socket has gone missing. Oh Bugger ! I only haver them on the rear wheels as the boltys wernt long enough to fit on the front under the spacers for the brembo's. Anybody help out in the bournemouth area see attached picture. Only need to borrow it for a couple of mins as I have some replacement bots.

Cheers

Woody

they look easy to remove,try hammering a slightly smaller socket over the top of it,thats if you cant find anyone with the same locking bolts as yours

woody

they look like vw locking wheel bolts. My wifes beetle is fitted with the same. She is not due back until late, so cant help this evening, but could tomorrow if needed. Send a pm if you need help.

Cheers Andy

Thanks for advice and PM.s everybody

Sorted! Christchurch tyres smacked a socket onto them and removed them in a couple of mins. Would not even take any money for the job and he was really careful not to let the socket get anywhere near damaging the alloys. Gave him a tenner for the trouble anyway as I was told that to get a new set with a key would cost me £31 by wheel company. Please lock

good to hear you got it sorted... 8)

locked as requested...