Sign in to follow this  
bigbroony

Shorter Shox?

One of my front shock absorbers sprung a leak the other day so I went to my local ECP. I told them the car was lowered ( seems to be about 40mm )but they said it sholdn't matter if I fitted standard dampers.

Of course when "my man" came to fit them they are about 2" ( or 40mm ) too long.I phoned ECP and they said"Oh it must have had a proper lowering kit, in which case the standard damper won't fit".

The car was lowered when I bought it so I've no idea by how much; but it's probably 40mm.

The shock absorbers are Jamex( so I assume the springs are also )but will I be able to buy a pair of shorter dampers or will I have to stump up for a new kit?

Thanks

they are kind of right, you may get away with normal size dampers with -40mm springs BUT you would be far better off with shorter dampers and you should air to replace them in pairs anyway.

You could stick a set of boge turbogas struts (from gsf) on with the springs which would be cheap and not to bad. the turbo gas shocks are about 30% uprated over normal shoack.

if you have the money look at some knoi or h&r etc...

hth.

I got Boge Turbos from ECP but they're too long.It's just occured to me;we were measuring them uncompressed.Do you think that the Boge ones may compress enough to fit?