Sign in to follow this  
KipVR

VAG com results

I have recently had to replace my gearbox which I decided to take as an opportunity to take out the engine (which was running smooth as silk), give it a good clean up and then put it all back again. Trouble is now it doesent run smoothly at all! I've hooked it up to VC which originally told me 0052 engine coolant sensor- so I replaced it today.

Still ran rough , hooked it up again, and this time I was told 00515 Cam pos'n sensor, 00522 coolant sensor again, 00553 MAF sensor. I also ran a check on the Immobilizer and it gave me this 00546 data wiring fault (27-00 Implusable signal). What the hell is going on!!!!

Is there a way to bypass the immobilizer or take it out! I think it's causing the car to cut out. When I had VC hooked up the first time the engine cut out and VC stopped responding indicating that there was no power being supplied to the ECU.

Any ideas/help out there?

You tried changing the load reduction relay?

If not I'd reseat it along with the ECU one..

Also check the engine earths and the large multiplug in the bay, reseat all ECU senders

no, I'll try that, it's No.109 isn't it?
Thinking about it, it is all the sensors attached to the block giving the bad results isn't it, so yes earth sounds like a likely suspect....

Cool... what about using a jump lead from the block to the battery then clear and re-scan

Not sure what relay number off the top of my head...

good idea, i'll stick a jump lead straight over to the block ang see what happens.............

Checking out the wiring I found this little sucker had broken off, it comes from terminal 31 on the big round connector for the engine, where the hell does the wire lead to/come from and how do you get the plug open, I dont want to break it for obvious reasons, re-attaching it didn't do much to help the misfiring etc but it sparks to connect when the car's running so I'm sure it's doing something!!

Nice one... think you've found the problem but not sure about reterminating it, you can still but all the pins etc straight from VW but I don't know if it would be better for you to get a whole new plug...

Kinda serves you right for moving all those perfectly functional bits of engine just to clean the bleedin thing! ;)

Kinda serves you right for moving all those perfectly functional bits of engine just to clean the bleedin thing! ;)

Harsh

All fixed now, just bypassed the plug for the moment. Ok dr_mat 'Clean up' might have been a bit misleading- it meant - new plugs/leads, thermostat, oil, filter, pump & sump, clean idle stabilizer and TB, water pump, recon gearbox, and finally got the front crossmember and a few other bits powder coated as it was rusting badly .....oh and I cleaned everything of course. Check out the results...

Immaculate as ever! Are you missing the top cable guide there?

and BTW is that the donor car sitting rusting in the background there ... ? :)

I have visions of a painting in your attic of a Corrado that is getting progressively more rusty, knackered, losing panels and engine parts ...