Sign in to follow this  
AmbisoniK

Compomotive MO 16 x 8's/17 x 8's

Just to elaborate a little i'm looking to fill the arches out as much as poss with out major issues or work..

i'm undecided on 16"s or 17"s to close to call - leaning towards 16's as i'll be able to drop the car a little lower + the 17"s weigh 24Ibs,the 16"s 20.9Ibs...

I would try and stick as close to Factory Offsets as possible.

What offset would you suggest ?

the standard speedlines are rubbing on the rear springs slightly (hence the spacers !),so i assume 5mm extra on each corner needs to be added to the equation with the 16"s or 17"s too..

(BTW i got the invoice in the post this morn - cheers:))

I wouldn't want to recommend an offset, but I would like to say I love MOs. Good choice.

Cheers,

I've always been a big fan of them on an Audi Quattro or Golf Rallye,but it's only recently i thought they look good on a C too (gotta be slammed low tho to work IMO).

Compomotive will make the wheel to any offset you like, they're currently making me some 7x16s ET 48. Reason being my AP racing front discs increase the track 8mm per side on the front, so the final ET will be 40, which is spot on for my tastes.

If you want to fill the arches, go with ET35 on a 7.5 J.

It's worth noting that the MOs get heavier according to offset, diameter and width. On a 17 they are too heavy imo, but my deep offset 7x16s weigh 18lbs, only 3 more than the standard 15" speedlines,

Also worth noting MOs on a 16" are 6 spoke now. 17s are still 5 spoke.

Turn around is 21 days for custom wheels.

I will also add that because you have an ATB, torque steer will worsen the more you push the wheels out into the arch, but it's managable.

Cheers for the info Kev..gutted they stopped making the 5 spoke in a 16 though,you absolutely positive about that ?

if i bought these wheels i think they would have to be 16's,because like you pointed out weight issues & the fact 16's suit a Corrado better IMO as long as there wide &/or have the right offset to fill out the arches.

Don't really mind the torque steer issues too much,was thinking of going for 8x16 ET25 but from what you said above looks like this may be a little extreme !

Cheers for the info Kev..gutted they stopped making the 5 spoke in a 16 though,you absolutely positive about that ?

if i bought these wheels i think they would have to be 16's,because like you pointed out weight issues & the fact 16's suit a Corrado better IMO as long as there wide &/or have the right offset to fill out the arches.

Don't really mind the torque steer issues too much,was thinking of going for 8x16 ET25 but from what you said above looks like this may be a little extreme !

I used to run 8x17 wheels with 32 offset, 205/40 tyres and standard arches. Never rubbed with a 50mm drop. Pirelli do a 195/40/17 tyre which will give you more breathing space, not that you'll need it.

I used to run 8x17 wheels with 32 offset, 205/40 tyres and standard arches. Never rubbed with a 50mm drop. Pirelli do a 195/40/17 tyre which will give you more breathing space, not that you'll need it.

Like i said above,was thinking about going 8x16 ET 25 on the MO's but i'm not sure if thats going too far without arch work (trying to get that low/wide euro look),but if i can't get 5 spokes i'll probably keep my BBS RS301's & refurb them.

trouble is there a pain in the arse to look after & there heavy @ 24Ibs a corner (i weighed them)..

on top of that they take the edge off acceleration @ lower speeds & there not that easy to slam low,which is why i was considering seling up & going for the MO's.