Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Corrado Mk4-Golf-Reverse style white dials (old thread)

INVOLVED GROUP BUYERS ONLY: Would you like white dials by day, or black dials?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. INVOLVED GROUP BUYERS ONLY: Would you like white dials by day, or black dials?

• White by day / Black by night
    • Black by day / Black by night

Right, I've just got off the phone with SR, and here is the deal:

They will do a run of 50 Reverse-style for us at $28 each. P&P of the finished product is $80 to the UK - but thats 1 parcel. I'd sort out distrubution within the UK.

Total = $1480, and would be about a 1 month from order to ready-to-ship.

That's £930 for the whole order.

If we stick to '25 places', that is £37.20 per place - which includes 2 sets.

I would need to add to that in order to cover Paypal costs (excluded if you send me cash) and P&P from me to you (again, if you want to collect, this can be waived).

Price per place: £37.20 (which includes 2 reverse-style sets for Corrado).

Paypal surcharge (per place): £1.50

P&P within UK: £2.50 (First-class Recorded)

Whatcha think?

If two people want to 'share a place' - sort that out amongst yourselves - but if we don't get 25 places filled, the deal won't go ahead.

The dials will look similar to this, but for the Corrado, rev counter to 7 (redline at 6.5), speedo to 160mph, and fuel guage 1, 1/2, 0 - so compatible with 12 gallon and 15 gallon Cs. Only for the digital dash too.

Night & day time (Golf versions pictured - so obviously slightly different)

175.jpg

I can specify whatever options I want.

I will get the "Unleaded fuel only" removed, and would people prefer the rev counter in tens or singles?

Red notches on the speedo for each mark, or all blue?

Before the run is made - I will be sent a final design to approve, so we will know what they will look like!

Provisional Places

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me (2 sets)

VR6

CorradoVR6-n.o.s

funky

Henny

dubboy

ray_vr6

Supercharged

Joe M

Pau1

dan

mark16v (maybe)

ollie

noby

blown

leavon

']['H3R4POR

GringoG60

dubprince

pimp

stevemac

DM

willmason

andyvlw

leew

Beetlebug_2001

jedi-knight83

Mike16v

DEL VR6

anthonyg

MADDUB

Gaz154

anubis

Shilakadaddy

Places remaining: Complete! Though we can order more than 50, so other people are more than welcome! ;)

Looks like it'll be classic-style black-n-black too.

Current Status: On hold, since I have to move 'n' stuff. Someone else is more than welcome to take the reigns though. This is a zero-profit group-buy from the organisers' point-of-view, but what you buy you will be able to make a profit on. I don't have any specific ties with SR Racing, so someone else could easily help me out here.

interesting,but do you have to change the whole dials and replace it with a new panel?

You replace the dials, as you would with normal white dials - the only different being you need to connect a 12v lights-on dependant feed and find a place to locate a brightness button.

It is also recommended you remove the bulbs from the dash.

Easy enough to do - I'll do photos and instructions when the time comes. I've done it enough times!

Count me in - and I think we should get "corrado" printed on the speedo and rev counter - maybe where mph and revx100 are in the example?

:D

I was going to get Corrado on the rev counter like the current dials - if they will do it (Copyright issues).

I have to send them the dials as a reference - anyone got a set? Mine are stuck underneath my white dials, so can't get at them!

I'm in! - they look like they'll match my Sony MP40 headunit nicely!

Hopefully be able to get the logo on them as well as I think that also looks more modern.

The rev counter should be in singles (- I've no idea why cars come with 20,30x100 etc as they look stupid next to the speedo, if there putting x100 on it why not x1000???)

I would prefer singles x1000 too.

I'll drop them a mail about the Corrado logo in a bit.

If you stick with Red notches and dump the unleaded only (I'm not bothered either way with x100 or x1000) and go easy with the CORRADO logos then I'm in for a set... :D 8)

Dont like that idea VR6, never know when a trip to Europe may be called for. :p

Yeah I was thinking that as well after I posted.

Too near bedtime for sensible thinking! I was just thinking it looked a bit messy but I can see that it's probably more useful to keep.

Just ignore me :)

How will you see the needle? (may be a silly question but hey)

A good point - I have white needles! - will they supply red ones also??

Corrado logo would be just as it is on the original dials. On the rev counter, same size, nothing else.

KPH markings: when I made my white dials - it looks kinda sparse without them.

Needles: actually, a good point. Will investigate.

How will you see the needle? (may be a silly question but hey)

A good point - I have white needles! - will they supply red ones also??

White needles do show up on white dials - but changing them is easy.

You'll have to pull off all your needles anyway - whilst off, simply scratch off the paint at the back of the needle prism and paint on your own. Nail varnish works quite well (you need a gf for this, or lots of balls to walk into Boots and buy some lol).

This is how I made the needles blue in my MX5. Took about 1 minute each. Easy peasey.

The needles are front lit too.... this does pose a problem. If we have any lighting, the dials will appear, rather than the indiglow doing its stuff. But it does mean you can see the labelling at the bottom (handbrake, etc) and, of course the needles.

Would more people be interested if it was original black dials with indiglow at night? Then lighting could remain (and changed to blue if you want) and wouldn't show up the dials... Just a thought. Will think further though.

Would more people be interested if it was original black dials with indiglow at night? Then lighting could remain (and changed to blue if you want) and wouldn't show up the dials... Just a thought. Will think further though.

Maybe... or what about a silver / brushed alloy finish - is that posible??

Then lighting could remain (and changed to blue if you want) and wouldn't show up the dials... Just a thought. Will think further though.

Its an idea but im afraid you will lose the effect of back lit if you keep the bulbs and change to blue. if you make it too dim, you still wont see the needles. now of course if someone could find good UV lighting and painted your needles with invisible ink you can get free from the cops, then you may be laughing....

Just a thought...

You could get some glow in the dark paint like is used on watches for the needles but I'm sure an ex GF of mine had some glow in the dark nail varnish... 8) I'll look into that a bit further... :)

Well done Andi,

Love the idea, I'd love a set too. Brian what sweets did you have to munch to get

all your switches done?

Yes, I'd prefer that (nice & original looking)

Although you can count me in for whatever is chosen :D