Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Arguing Payout

Someone told me that when arguing a payout with an ins.comp., for a write off, they have to offset it against cars that are for sale within a certain mileage of where you live. is that correct?

they're paying to put you back in the position you were in pre-accident, I dont think geography come into it really but they 'should' look at how much you'd have to pay to buy a car of the same spec and condition. best plan is to print out everything on autotrader, reguardless of distance, thats even remotly simular to your car and fax it to them as evidence of market value because usually they go off the Glass's Guide or Parkers book price and they're wildly inaccurate.

Well, whats quite funny at the moment is they've sent me back some Autotrader adverts for cars that worth more than there offering!! I think I'll send em back and point out the fact that theyve argued my case very nicely thank you! lol

I'm going through the same at the moment mate, having to really fight my corner to get anything, I'm doing my last letter to my claims administrator before I go to the disputes dept. They were adamant that £2250 was enough for a 65k VR6, where I'm hoping for double that.

well im all sorted now :) theyve given me a decent settlement figure and my car back for free! I can now sell her on, either as is, seeing as its only cosmetic damage, or get her fixed up for peanuts (coz its only a new boot lid and respray at rear) and sell her for close to what she's worth :) 1 happy bunny here :D