Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

Rear bushes

I need to fit a new rear axel to my 16V for the MOT (rust etc on pre-inspection) Ill need to replace the rear bushes when im at it.

Are the polyflex bushes as good as they are made out to be? Considering the price of them are they that much better than other poly bushes?

Any recommendations on alternative poly bushes or places to get a poly bush rear set?

Unless you are using your car for the track I would recommend fitting OE bushes throughout when replacing them.

I need to fit a new rear axel to my 16V for the MOT (rust etc on pre-inspection) Ill need to replace the rear bushes when im at it.

Are the polyflex bushes as good as they are made out to be? Considering the price of them are they that much better than other poly bushes?

Any recommendations on alternative poly bushes or places to get a poly bush rear set?

My 16v also handles well on all new standard mountings, if you've got the rear beam off anyway most of the work is in removing the old bushes, once that's done it's fairly easy to pull in the new OEM mountings using nothing more than a large nut and bolt to act as a puller and some big washers and a bit of extra packing to fit the curved face of the mounting.

Smear a bit of grease inside the beam to help it slide in.

If you go for poly rear bushes they may be easier to fit but they will transfer more noise, don't give the passive rear steer effect on hard cornering and are more likely to make the car twitchy in the wet.

The main reason Im thinking of poly bushes is for the easy of fitting. I’ve heard the OEM rear buses are a bitch to fit.

If they are even half as bad to fit as take out them poly is a better bet. I might give the OEM route a go since I have an axel sitting in the shed.

The main reason Im thinking of poly bushes is for the easy of fitting. I’ve heard the OEM rear buses are a bitch to fit.

If they are even half as bad to fit as take out them poly is a better bet. I might give the OEM route a go since I have an axel sitting in the shed.

it's really not that bad, took me a couple of minutes per side to pull the new ones in, about an hour to cut, burn, prise, hack the old ones out :lol:

Ill give it a go and see how I get on. At less than half the price Ill take the risk in getting them on.