Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Koni adjusting?

I bought some dampers and springs off ebay and they are supposed to lower the car 60 to 70mm all round but the front doesnt seem any lower, but the rears seem much lower.

talked to someone and he said that the fronts can be adjusted to make them lower is that true. is this true?

or do i need to drive the car for a while to let them bed in?

all i can see on the fronts is the adjusting knob for firmness. the rears have firmness adjusters and have recesses in the dampers to adjust height.

Fronts aren't height adjustable. Only the rears using the notches you describe.

What kit is it? are the springs the red vogtland ones?

Where have you got the rear circlip? should be in the midle or the one above to match the front in my experience...

koni dampers with eibach springs, they are off a g60 but i thought these where the same spec?

not sure where rears are will check later

Are the dampners red or yellow? As Supercharged says middle clip on the rear for even height should be right. If the kit is new it probably will drop a little more but we're talking 5-10mm...

Well maybe your rear is set to low and is making the front look high, got a pic? Other option is fitting spring lowering caps to the front which will drop you another 10-15mm.

The Koni sport dampers are yellow - thats fine...

It's the eibach springs that are the problem, they never sit right on Corrado's - try the circlip at the top setting and see if it's close if not may be best to sell them and get some H&R's

like i said before this kit is really for a g60, but shouldn't this be causing the difference in ride height right?

will post pics asap

heres the pic. what do you guys reckon?

as far as i can see without jacking the car up the spring cup is on the 3rd from the bottom recess. not sure how many recesses there are.

looks nice mate, are those wheels 18 or 17? I would be tempted to go for a more nose down stance by raising the back just a bit :-)

edit just seen your sig they are 17 :-)

I see that but i think it looks well at the height it is in the pic, I would just put the back up one position :-)

You not think it looks good?

not really i want a low aggressive look. dont like seeing gaps between the arch and wheel.

the kit is good though as it hendles really well now