Sign in to follow this  
Duecenickletreyg60

HELP! my g60 gving me trouble

The other afternoon i was driving up a hill and when got to the top my corrado's RPM just jump down to 0 and the car died, it didnt sputter and then die, it just whent from 3,000rmp's to 0, does anyone have an idea of what happened? any help would be much appricieted!

You switched it off??? Run out of fuel??? Battery Flat???

The list for it just cutting out could be endless. Without knowing further symptons no-one will hav e a clue and will only be a lucky guess.

Give us more details!!!

Oh and welcome to the forum!!!

Mine has done the same thing, I have to let it worm up for 30 seconds or more before driving, I have backed out of the driveway without warming up and had it die, took me like 3 to 4 minutes to make it start again...it sounded like it wasn't getting fuel, or wasn't getting spark, but I have new spark plugs & wires...???

The battery terminals are clean and on tight, and i didnt run out of fuel, and the car was warm, it just died, well...the motor dies, the radio and other electrical still works, the motor just dies. I had to leave it over night cause i couldnt get started, but when i went to trouble shoot it in the morning it started right up. It runs now but its begining to be a reaccuring problem thanks for the advice thus fare hopefully we can get this figured out!

My money is on the hall sender in the distributor.

But as they cost money, I'd have a look at the ECU relay first. Take the cover off it and check that all the soldered connections are clean and bright/shiney. Any dull ones should be touched up with a soldering iron. Over time the vibration in the car can cause the joints to fail followed by the relay.

I have seen it happen plenty of times over the years.

Gavin

ECU relay is on the fuse panel. I forget which one, just a plain old 4 pin relay IIRC.

The hall sender can be got on it's own but a dissy change is far quicker and easier. Same on all digifant 8Valve engines don't pay extra for a 'G60' one.

Gavin

Similar thing happened to me at the weekend, the engine just cut out on me and it wouldn't fire up.

Didn't have a spark, so i thought hall sender aswell.

Couldn't get the damn thing out so before getting a tow my mate brought up a spare coil to try out, rigged him up and it fired up straight away.Pretty strange for it to pack up just like that but it happens i guess.

Could be worth a go if you have no luck with the above.

i checked my ecu relay and its good, all the soldering is clean. so i guess i will try to get a new dissy, i found one on ebay for a g60 the same year as mine. were all the distributors the same on the g60, if not will this one work? http://[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-92-VW-corrado-g60-distributor_W0QQitemZ8034874032QQcategoryZ33690QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-92-VW ... dZViewItem