Sign in to follow this  
leew

Stiff accelerator pedal

Nice one! :D

I'm gonna hand in my resignation at school and become a courtesy driver for VW :wink:

good move mate! i figured.. drive new jettas (*cough* sorry.. boras), passats and A4s all day... and fix my rado for cheap... what could be better!? but alas.. its a stealership and they are (Mod edit: ) 'not very nice people'! :p

i just bought a acccelerator cable for my 16 valve cos it was doing the same thing i hope it clears up the problem and it cost me £20 with a friends V.A.G workers discount

haha, thanks for cleanin up my foul language andi.. or vr.. or whoever did that! lol :lol:

I recently changed my accelerator cable and the difference it made to the performance was incrediable. Before, like someone else said when you take your foot off the pedal the revs dont drop straight away... With the new cable the induction noise comes in alot quicker because its accelerating much faster.

Ramsay, I think you just have a tighter cable now, hence the throttle body opening earlier and making the pick up better, hope you replaced the rubber gromet on the pedel, costs about 30p and wears out the cable pops out of the pedel when this happens, not good!!!

also just replaced cable.

A pain to get a hold of.

Only one in the factory that my dealer uses.

£38 after vat for Vr6 (late)

Originally he gave me one that was way too short for £14

Very happy now.

Much better response.

Paul

Not so difficult to fit.

I am a relative novice.

I took the cover off of the top of the engine as it is routed inderneath.

One thing the guy at star performance did suggest was that u spray some WD40 on the gromit that goes through the bulk head just to loosen it up.

THis way you can push it through from the engine side and it just pops in with no problems.

I tried to get the gromit in without WD first and it was a nightmare so it is a top tip!!!

What a difference!!!

It just wants to rev away and seems more resposive probably because you do not have to mash the accelerator to get it to move.

Much more of a pleasure to drive.

Cheers

Paul

PS where abouts in Glasgow are you.

Cheers Paul, I just need to get it ordered now, im in Clydebank on the outskirts of Glasgow.

been there a few times

I am in Largs about 30 miles from you on the coast

good luck with the cable

cheers

paul