Sign in to follow this  
ruffy

How Fat is C

YouDriveLikeMyGran - not a good start. Don't do it again. Your post has been deleted.

ruffy - Not to sure off the top of my head, but I am sure someone will post some details sooner or later :)

Have a look in a Corrado handbook, it's in there. I'd look in mine for you but I'm at work. I do know that the VR6 weighs 1210Kg though. The G60, suprisingly, isn't much lighter, about 40-50Kg difference IIRC.

Kev

Cheers chaps..

I was really hoping for a 1100kgs..

I'm a C new boy and just come from a mk1 16v so the C feels nice and stiff .. stiffer than a mk1 and 2 golf anyway .. but a bit on the fat side .. I luv it no end.. but i dont like my mates having the advantage..

any ideas on saving weight .. and no i dont mean the Aktins diet :D

:?:

haha

Try removing the rear seats ? Plus you got a good escuse to not give people lifts all the time !! lol

I thought the G60 was much lighter? or is it just that the VR6 has it all in the front and the G60 is much more spread out?

PS on car ads whats c/l ?

I had a MK1 16V also and you're not going to get much lighter than that!

Saving weight all depends on what you're prepared to sacrifice. For starters you could lose all of the interior except the dash essentials and the driver's seat. But would you be happy sitting in a bare metal shell with no soundproofing and nowhere for passengers to sit?

There are other ways - billet brakes, magnesium alloys, titanium exhausts, GRP body panels etc etc but these cost mega bucks.

I would recommend you keep the creature comforts and look at increasing the engine's power output instead.

Kev

The G60 weighs about 50 kg less than a VR6. I can find out exact figures when I get home from work if you require them.

c/l is short for central locking.

What people say about the Corrado vr6 being front heavy is a myth, its just the standard suspension makes it feel that way. Upgrade the suspension and the front heavy feeling totaly dissapeers.

I remember a magazine saying that the extra weight actually improves grip to the front wheels and also consider that the car that replaced the Corrado as best handling fwd (The Integra Type R) has exactly the same front/rear weight distribution as the Corrado vr6. 8)

Sorry, had to let that out after all the front heavy vr6 comments. :twisted: :p

You Guys have enlightened me today .. I didn't realize the Vr was only 50 kg heavier ..

Joe I take it you have a vr6 then mate.. :D

Well Kev i think I'll go for the power root as suggested ..

the reason why I brought the corrado was for a bit of comfort and style..

cant be going back to that bone shaker mk1 again ...

Sy if you could find the weight it would be spot on chap cheers.. :)

I'll have to get the car to a weigh bridge once its finished..

Andy.

Hang I just worked out that I weigh 13 stone about 77kg ..

so its like having me standing on your bonnet ...

hahahhaaaaaa..

Only winding you up..guys really :lol:

According to the VW booklet with my car, the VR6 weighs 1210 kg. Which is only 35 kg more than the 2.0 16v... i.e. half a tank of petrol difference, or the weight of a small person...

If the above figure is correct, the VR is exacly 50kg heavier than the G60. So a six-pot and 30bhp seems to be quite a trade-off for 50kg... :)

In my experience the VR only feels nose-heavy when under deceleration. If you're using the huge torque of the engine to pull the thing round a corner it feels anything *but* nose heavy. Of course, if you're on the brakes or completely off the throttle there's no disguising the fact that there's about 750kg on the front axle...

the VR is exacly 50kg heavier than the G60. So a six-pot and 30bhp seems to be quite a trade-off for 50kg...

But you also have over 20lbft of torque more.... :lol:

If you use the torque of the engine to pull you round the corner you will more than likely go into understeer......... :?

the VR is exacly 50kg heavier than the G60. So a six-pot and 30bhp seems to be quite a trade-off for 50kg...

But you also have over 20lbft of torque more.... :lol:

If you use the torque of the engine to pull you round the corner you will more than likely go into understeer......... :?

That's the problem with open diffs :? You can push any Corrado hard round the bends but common sense prevails.

I personally like the weighty feel of the VR6. It's confidence inspiring and compared to the flyweight Ford Ka my other half owns, it feels like it's forged from solid granite.

Kev