Sign in to follow this  
edd

Considering a TVR Chimaera for the summer what the VR worth

As title says, quite fancy one of these at the moment.

I have put a lot of money into the Vr as it is/was supposed to be with me till the end of time, but if its not and i'm to recoup anything it needs to go soon.

So what is it:

93 pearl green Vr

lovely looking car currently running on the BBS alloys that came on the MK3 Golf VR6 16"s (diiferent to pic)

full years MOT - went straight through last tuesday

4 owners one being an interim garage between sales.

Massive history

KONI TA's and H&R springs, 1yr old

Magnex Cat Back, 1yr old

Everything in great condition - tho there are the normal stonechips on bumper and bonnet and a slight cap park dint in drivers door

Interior in great condition

Sunroof will only tilt

Stealth Geometry setup

Full engine rebuild by Stealth Racing last September, rebore new Mahle pistons, bottom end rebuild, chains, new spec tensioners (the ones that dont wear), everything. Cost me in excess of £4000 by the end of it - was rolling roaded by Stealth once run in and got 198bhp. It will still loosen up somewhat yet.

Rebuild carried out at 117000 now on 129000. Runs beautifully

Sorry Mods this sounds like a for sale and its not because i would only sell it if its sale price enable me to be able to afford the above and not cry too much about the money i had invested.

But ill stick in a price anyway to keep you happy - would like to achieve the £5000 mark if not a bit more - what does everyone think?

Not actually for sale (yet) so can it be left in this topic please mods

The bonnet looks a bit dodgy :wink:

Good luck with the sale if you decide to let it go Edd. TVR's are pretty good fun :)

Ha ha thats still the original yours is still in my shed lol :D

but i really wanna know what its worth, c mon folks

All I know is TVR Chimaera's suck

My mate had one - 4.0 - nothing but trouble

Vauxhall switchgear - leaky roof - flat battery ALWAYS.

If you really want that TVR experience Griffith is the only one

other than that - get an Elise - driving experience is FAR better

IMHO

HTH

I would say between £4-5k mate. Even though youve had a rebuild, its still an old car, and unless they are into C's (like us lot) people wont pay the prices.

But hey, you never know ;)

The Griff & Chim use almost the same switchgear and they don't suck (personal opinion of course!!!).

The reliabilty issue is bourne from the fact that people only use 'em in the summer & stuff 'em in the garage for six months with little or no TLC - a recipie for reliability issues when you put it back on the road.

The Vauxhaul swgr is the indicator stalk and blower switch only - which is trouble free and looks good with the Leven aluminium kit

As with all TVRs the later the model - the better. Go for a post 94 car and you'll get the Serpentine Rover V8 which has better cooling, PAS etc... Chimarea is a much softer ride with a bigger boot when compared to the Grif and a lot cheaper!

Also stick with the 4 litre as in this state it's in its least stressed state.