Sign in to follow this  
VR6 Russ

Koni's arrived today

Hello peeps,

My Koni shocks and springs arrived today, and I have found someone to fit them for a pretty good price, and I was wondering if there are any other bits and pieces he will need for fitting them.

By the way I bought them from Larkspeed for £380, anyone else used this company and needed any extra bits.

Cheers

Yep - rear bump stops (the ones in the kit are too short for the rears as they are also used as spring assisters..)

Get them from GSF as they do rubber ones and chop 30mm off the bottoms...

Buy genuine top mounts tho

Found a bloke who knows every nut and bolt on a Corrado to fit my Koni's for £180 and suppily the top mounts and bump stops. Stealth were quoting £200 and its a bit of a trek to get up there.

Seems funny that I pay £380 for a kit and they suppily the wrong bump stops.

awesome price,,

and koni have changed their springs now from the crappy vogtland purple ones to the nice new excellent blue ones,, streets apart from times of old, we have some with the new springs on one of our mk1`s its awesome,, and also on a mk2,,,

think i best order a kit too!!

I am for now. I have heard that they are not that good and H&R make much better ones, but they cost another £130 and I cannot afford anymore than what I have paid already.

But at least I will have a decent set of shocks and I can upgrade the springs at a later date when I get some more cash.

What is the problem with the Koni springs??? They must be an upgrade from the originals arn't they??

awesome price,,

and koni have changed their springs now from the crappy vogtland purple ones to the nice new excellent blue ones,, streets apart from times of old, we have some with the new springs on one of our mk1`s its awesome,, and also on a mk2,,,

think i best order a kit too!!

Thats good to know, just can't wait to get them on now, its like driving a boat.