Sign in to follow this  
chewys_vr6

Decent Garages on the Wirral?

Can anyone help?

I drove down to my parents yesterday and the radiator gave in. (the price of living near the beach in Scotland I guess!) Does anyone know of a reliable garage on or near the Wirral to have a new one fitted? I don't really want to trust it to any old garage.

Cheers in advance.

Wierd, my rad has just let go also (VR6) and I'm on the Wirral. Discount VW & Audi are soting me with a replacement from EuroCarParts for about £300 inclusive of VAT and labour. They are in Hoylake, call them on 0151 632 4101.

Cheers mate, but I have had some bad experiences with them in the past when I have taken my other vw's there. It was never anything serious but a few things with my friends aswell was enough to not go back.

Cheers for your help anyway, I hope it goes alright for you.

Unfortunately there isn't anywhere else on the Wirral I'm aware of...

Dubsport in Wigan might be worth a trip, if you can get it there!

I've just been recommended a garage in wallasey. apparently he has done a few before and knows his c's. It was from a fellow vw lad so it should be ok. My mate has just offered me the use of his garage and tools aswell so i might give it a go myself. Should really as I am an engineer!

Be interested to know how you get on mate, and what the garage is...used to live in Wallasey myself.

The garage in Wallasey is called KMG, it's on Kelvin Road (by the birkenhead bridge I think). The number for him is 638 4307. Spoke to him this morning and he quoted me £70ish for fitting the rad. He seemed to know what he was on about but was booked solid for the next three weeks, which I think must be quite a good sign. I'll keep him in mind for the future I think.

cheers mate, but I have found a garage. they were recommended by a mate who gets all his camper work done there. I took it down yesterday and he knew what he had to do, he said he had done a few before. Gave me a bit of confidence. It is going in in the morning, and he reckons it will be £80 labour at the most. :D

Had it done today, It cost 180 quid. thats 120 for the rad and 60 quid labour. happy with that! Better than degsy's (discount VW/AUDI) by £120!!

sorry mate, didn't mean to rub it in. It was things like that, that put me off the place. If you have any more work that needs doing, try Uplands in Upton. Thats where I had it done. Good blokes and Bob the owner knows what he is on about.

After acquiring not just a new radiator, but also a couple of complementary scratches on the bonnet (now polished out) from Discount VW, I'll remember that recommendation, cheers chewy.