Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

G40 - how much to pay

Really fancying a G40 as a bit of a toy, been offered a FSH, totally standard one, two owners from new, 104,000 miles and apparently a real minter

How much would you think its worth, I can get it for £2,350

mmmmmm, i know they are a bit rare and for the same money you could buy a nice corrado, i quess it`s worth somewhere in the region of £1500 to £2000 dependant on condition, if you really want one then i would probaly be tempted with this one despite the higher price than i quoted as it is full vwsh and provided everything else was tip top then i`d probaly part with the cash

Sounds about the money for a minter

I'm sure you've probebly driven one before Andy - but if not you're in for a treat IMO - I love G40's :)

Sounds like a great opportunity, i was a polo lover for the last couple of years and wanted a g so badly!! knock them down a couple of hundred and it'd be just right.

G40's are sweet, rapid and underated IMO... I really was set on getting one a few years back but ended upsaving dough and going for a mk2 golf gti... I remember reading lots about them having very poor brakes (same as all polo's of the time i think)... oh and supercharger wasn't down as the most reliable, but all G-laders are the same, just get it serviced, should be cool....

Talc, yup, breaking is apparently very poor. however, the G40 charger is regarded as being far stronger than the G60, but much more difficult to obtain if it does blow.

Brakes are vented but same size as the other Polo's so a bit underpowered these days - easy to upgrade to G60 spec tho with 15" wheels...

Great cars and faster in standard form than both flavours of mk2 GTi, chip and pulley it and they're ballistic! Cross flow head as standard.

The only problem is that mk3 Polo's were all built to a budget and are therefore let down by poor interior build quality and are no where near as solid as the mk2's but the G40 does have the best trim level to get, the pedals are not as widely spaced as the Corrado/MK2 so be careful if you have big feet!

They also make great track cars when striped out to make a light car even lighter!, fitting the G60 charger is also an upgrade option altho I'm not sure how much work is involved.

fitting the G60 charger is also an upgrade option altho I'm not sure how much work is involved.

G60 chargers dont really like g40 engines. The engines rev too quickly for them. A nice Eaton M45 charger on one should see you over 180bhp!

Nice thread!

There are tons of G40 around here.

And very rare to see a corrado!

Polo G40 is very fun to drive because it´s very light weight.

Steering looks like a kart.

Brakes look like a sh*t!!! :lol:

They don´t stop! They just slow down! :shocked!: