Sign in to follow this  
Dubby

MOT emissions failure - G60

My 'rado failed its MOT.

This was down to a dodgy headlight (now fixed) and the emissions.

The emissions reading went straight up to 9.99 during the MOT. The only change Ive made to the car since the last one is a de-catted exhaust - surely this shouldnt make too much difference?

The garage tried adjusting the mixture (?) but still couldn't get the emissions down enough.

Anyone suggest what could be up with it? I don't use the car very much, could this be the problem?

Any pointers would be helpful, as my Polo is looking to be long-time ill, so I currently have no useable car....... :cry:

check your lambda probe and blue temp sensor... if either of these is shot, your emissions will be a mile out... ;)

Fairly sure that the blue temp sensor is ok.....is the lambda an easy to fit part? (ie i am a bit of a novice and would it be something a numpty could do? :lol:)

Fairly sure that the blue temp sensor is ok.....is the lambda an easy to fit part? (ie i am a bit of a novice and would it be something a numpty could do? :lol:)
yep m8 the lambda sensor's are easy to change just unplug it and then unscrew it from the exhaust. easy peasy :D

yep m8 the lambda sensor's are easy to change just unplug it and then unscrew it from the exhaust. easy peasy :D

Haha, yeah mine crossthreaded, had to take decat off and eventually it needed a vice, a breaker bar and a long bit of scaffold tube to free mine. Then weld a new nut into place. Yep, Lambdas are simple!! :lol:

:lol:

Not 100% sure what it was - took it down to my mate who works at Skoda,and he fettled with it a bit, cleaned the throttle body and.......

emissions.jpg

:D

So I now have an MOT!!!!!