Sign in to follow this  
marcus

VR engine mounts

Just wondered what engine mounts people have?

More importantly which ones do i avoid?

Rough prices be great too.

Thanks.

vibratechnics

race spec front, fast road rears.

the vibration is noticable, and would bee to much for some.

standard rears and the uprated front is ok though. that's the one that takes all the punishment.

I have a VF engineering dogbone mount on the mk4, again, slightly more vibration int he cabin, but you only notice it as fast idle when you first start the car up. Extremely well made, unlike the vibratechnocs, which are a bit crap for the money really.

I agree, the VF-engineering ones have overtaken the VT ones and in my opinion are very good, about £110 although i paid £130 for mine 2 years ago, things have come down a little.

Chris

I also agree that the VF-Engineering front engine mount has superior build than the Vibratechnics one.

I have tried both (VF) in C-VR and the and (VT) in the Mk3-VR, there does not seem to be any difference in the way they perform, but if I had to buy another one I would most defiantly go for the VF mount over the VT also the VF comes with full instruction handy if you have never fitted one before and the nuts they supply are of the nyloc (sp) type. All small differences over what are essentially the same product but it matters to me.

That's because the front cross member is isolated with rubber bushes, but I can still feel the effects of a VF one at idle. Can't feel anything with just a VT front. Try the VF ones in the gearbox and rear and you'll hate them. That's where the VT ones score, vibration is barely noticeable, if any actually...cause they're rubber.

I can't see how VT can be inferior to VF when VF just copied VT in the first place. There is nothing inferior about the VTs at all....that I can detect. The VFs are just red plastic and slightly prettier....wow.

I was unphased by the VF to be honest, so much so I gave it to Chris VR6NOS for free and stuck with my VTs :-)

Fair enough,

As I said there does not seem to be any difference in performance between the two and currently I can’t feel any extra vibration in either of my cars that have them fitted so for me the difference is purely cosmetic, so to rephrase my statement above to “Superior Finish” rather than “Superior Build” .

I've got a turn2 engine mount on my VR and I think its a good improvement, its reduced the engine movement alot without any extra virbration that I can notice. Bought it from the US on ebay for about £20 delivered. It just replaces the lower half of the original engine mount with some sort of polyurethane bush the shape of an ice hockey puck. Bargain in my openion.

I have all 3 VF mounts & find very little vibration @ all TBH..only when you turn the ignition key first thing & sometimes when you back off the accelerator peddle,certainly not irritating in the slightest,in fact i expected a hell of a lot more.

i had the front one fitted a day before the other two & noticed virtually no additonal vibration to my surprise because i'd read/heard the gearbox mount was the worst of the 3.

give it a week or two & you almost forget there fitted..

my brothers Golf VR6 is fitted with just the front VT mount & that thing has a ride 10 times worse than mine,but has full front & rear Powerflex bushes/17's so it's not really a fair comparison..