Sign in to follow this  
Danger Mouse

red tinted rear lenses

i was looking through last months performance VW mag and im sure others noticed the "westside" corrado.

I would really like to know how and where he got his red tinted rear lenses as I think they would look amazing on my metallic black G60.

It was a Porsche blue VR6 with ridiculusly yet amazingly large alloys, bee sting ariel removed completely, full cream leather interior and cream carpets, basically just looked and probably acted like the dogs bolloc*s.

anyway i want the red tinted rear lenses, they look similar to M3 lenses

Any suggestions would be appreciated

DM

did them myself on my car... spend the extra bit of money and get them done at a shop.... trust me

also, make sure you sand them down... nothing worse than seeing a nice set of tinted lights and you can see the letters still :x

sand them down yourself to save on shop charges

g'luck man

WEll i have some already tinted red lights for sale

They used to be on Trevor's Blue storm so if your interested get in contact

alex

I got some off ebay. Very happy with the look. No sign of adverse plod attention just yet. We'll see tho...

:)

Really easy to do yourself.

Take off the lights.

Sand down the lettering (not completely though- got a feeling you need the lettering for legal reasons?)

Clean thoroughly with white spirit.

Mask off any areas you don't want tinted.

Spray several thin coats, making sure you let the paint dry thoroughly between each one.

Spray 3-4 coats of laquer- I found it better to spray the laquer quite thickly to get an even coat.

Make sure you have a bottle of nail varnish remover handy in case you go wrong :wink:

All in all, it takes a couple of hours.

HTH

hI,

I tinted the lights on a Jetta i used to have about a year ago and got pulled by rozzers for my indicators flashin red. I tinted mine with that folia tec stuff and was so difficut to get off.

Just thought you lot should know know! + it wont gt through an MOT- ARSE! :roll:

That's why I bought a set of tinted lights and kept my originals, just in case.

I'm crossing my fingers that they're not too red, but I can swap to the originals in 5 minutes for the MOT as necessary. ;)