Sign in to follow this  
scabbyscala

ABS ECU from a 2.0 16v (93 model) into a VR6?

Is it possible to swap an ABS ECU part no 1H0 907 379 B taken from a 2.0 16v 1993 Corrado into a VR6 Corrado, i've had a look at what came up in the search function and it seems pretty much a no-no, but i thought i'd check for definite.

Cheers.

Hmm - can't really tell on ETKA as the part number looks to be superceded...

I think it depends if the 16V had EDL as well (an option for that year)

Have you looked at the part number on the VR6 one??

I doubt whether the 16v had EDL otherwise my wee bro prob wouldn't have stuffed it backwards into a tree at 60mph.

I'll try and cross ref it with the VR6 part number and i'll pop into my friendly VW dealership tomorrow, with a box of choccy biccys of course.

Cheers.

iirc EDL only works below 30mph and does next to feck all so it wouldn't have prevented the tree incident.

Can't really see why you wouldn't be able to use it in a VR6 though, the ABS ECU is a common one found in loads of different cars (laguna's, sierra's etc.). Like Supercharged said though it depends on whether it had EDL because there were four ABS ECU's used in 1993, LHD / RHD, and either with or without EDL.

(Oh and I ain't no ABS anorak, I only know this because I was helping at the garage whilst they spent hours trying to sort my brakes out)

The VR6 uses a completely different ABS pump unit, which requires more cables to the ABS controller (it's the only C with EDL). Not that I'm saying the 2.0 controller WON'T work, just that it's definitely not the right part .. I would imagine that the 2.0 ABS controller will complain because it sees extra valves that it cannot operate.