Sign in to follow this  
Riclad

Anybody heard of these? ? ?

Hi,

You might remeber me from when me wheel fell off a few months back after dropping me rado. Well, all fixed but the shocks i put on are about done in(what i thought was a bargain, wasn't). I'm after a new set now but don't know what to go for, plus funds aren't great. Any body heard of the ones in this link on ebay? ? ? If so, are they any good or should i not go there. Or has anyone got any suggestions?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Corrado-1-8-2- ... dZViewItem

Cheers Guys,

Rich

Sorry mate, I know this is off topic but there's been a strange coincidence, today, I wanted the wheels that were on my rado before I bought it but I couldn't remember the name of them, funnily enough, it's the ones you have " Leauge o81's", where did ya get them from? I can't seem to find them anywhere!

sorry for being off topic.

Phone Darren at G-Werks and get the Weitec kit for not a lot more - he rates it (he wouldn't supply it otherwise!), so that's recommendation enough for me...

I'll look in to it. Cheers!

Bout the wheels, i bought them off a mate who used to have them on a MKII Golf. He saw them in (embarassing as it is) Max Power mag. There was a tiny pic of a rado and some blokes phone no on the bottom. Really not sure where you can get them from now, but i'll ask a few people for you. You don't want to know what i paid for them, you'll cry!

I have the Weitec kit from Gwerks. Shoxs n springs. The ride is great. Much better than Koni's with Eibachs and way better than Spax.

Good at handling rough rds and wicked in the corners. Not to hard nor soft.

I also have a Weitec kit (35mm/0mm) from G-Werks and I'm more than happy with the ride; in fact I'd say it's more compliant than it was with standard suspension.

hi rich, as for those league 081's (that were mine) you can not buy them new anymore, as i wanted them in 5 stud ages ago, they were discontinued by league over 3 years ago. i have seen a few 4 stud sets go on e-bay though. so 16v keep looking.

I also have a Weitec kit (35mm/0mm) from G-Werks and I'm more than happy with the ride; in fact I'd say it's more compliant than it was with standard suspension.

What does 35/0 do for the car. I got a 40/40 kit. I would agree the ride is great. Very precise.

Well, my 16v used to seem a bit high at the front only. The 35/0 kit lowers the front by 35mm but allows you to retain the standard springs, and ride height, at the rear. The rear spring platform is adjustable to four different heights though if you want to fine tune it a bit. It was the perfect kit for me as I needed new suspension but wanted to lower the car as little as possible. There's still a bit of body roll, as you'd expect, but I wouldn't want it to be any lower or harder.

The fact that the kit uses the standard rear springs makes it cheaper too. Always a bonus.