Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

oh that hurt!

had my C for a week now, after some driving (LOVE that sound) and some cleaning it about time to start sorting/fixing the little bits:

.spoiler

.whippers

.stereo

.and my p/side fog has a stone hole in it and my d/side indicator is cracked, instead of just changing these i decided it would b best to swap all four lamps for new (so theyd all look the same eg new).

so i headed to gsf where after a 5min wait the bloke told me they didnt do them, which is ok because euro parts is just round the corner. so went there and asked them and after a quick look on the computer the guy said "are you sure you want all four lamps", i said yes then he told me it was nearly 180 notes :shocked!:!

i said id have to leave it for now and slid back out under the door :oops: .

is that really what im going to have to pay :?:

:lol:

Get used to that feeling!

Interested to hear more about these whippers though - do they come as standard? ;)

.whippers

No wonder it hurt! :-P

Yea get used to that "goddamn that much?" "jesus this is annoying to fit" and " :mad: " feeling, but driving it will take it all away!

its all worth it for the noise alone

I second that, although the wife would disagree

off topic, but my god your cars looks the dogs swf !

i meant wipers and you know it.......or did i :lol:

i knew it would be pricey, just wasnt ready to hear it was £180 for four lamps!

and swfblade, NickVR6, your wright about the noise, especially since i dont have a stereo at the mo! but once im driving my C all is forgiven!

Fog lenses are for sale in the 'For Sale' section of this forum, very cheap :)

Wipers, theres a number of ways to fix them, either get Lupo or Aero whipers as a straight replacement, or you can take a dremel to your existing ones if money is an issue (thats what I did 3 years ago and they work fine), you just need to know where/what to grind out.

I'd also recommend uprating the headlight loom if it hasn't been done, you'll find out why the first time you drive at night ;)

gratz on the new C :)

Dave

ive been looking into both of those, but dont know where to get the headlight loom from and if i can just put any model lupo arms on or dose it have to be the gti?

RADO.001 i', in the same situationb as you, so interesting to hear wht you do..trying to find Lupo wippers as we speak..going to local breaker tomorrow..