Sign in to follow this  
oxfordpaul

My new VR6!

Hi all,

After 18 months with a lovely Aqua Blue VR with black leather and then 2 months with a blue Storm I thought I was done with Rado's and was going to buy a R32. However I then spotted the car I now own and it's the nicest Rado I've ever seen and the 6th one I will have owned! It is Aqua Blue with full gorgeous beige leather (much nicer than black IMO, it really brightens up the interior. 90K, 1 owner from new with full VW history every year on the nail from the supplying dealer. The car is virtually immaculate as you can see from the pics and drives perfectly. I can't believe how good the suspension is considering it's original - much better than my previous two although I will be lowering it and finding a suitable set of 16" rims. More to follow as the mods begin!

Thanks! I'm going to keep this one I think as I've never seen another in this colour with cream leather and it's just so original....can only appreciate in value hopefully!

Yup - beige is the new black :)

In really good condition like that it looks lush - how much did you pick up for Paul?

It was advertised on here for £5,750, paid close to that which was very reasonable I think considering the condition, history and mileage!

I'm going to upgrade the suspension simply because i want to lower it. I don't really want a hard ride - any thoughts on keeping original shocks with lowered springs? Also want some new wheels, I think BBS make it look original. Also wondering whether a remap offers much benefit?

General concensus is that original shocks + lower springs is a no-no. The shocks won't last long. Best set up seems to be Koni TA shocks + H&R springs. I'm getting a Koni TA kit fitted tomorrow. My budget won't stretch to the H&Rs at the mo.

BBS wheels are 8)

As for remapping a VR, don't think it makes that much difference unless you've made other significant mods as well such as a charger.

Beautiful car mate - I've been thinking of doing a swap for some cream leather and that makes me wanna do it even more! Amazing - love the interior!

Thanks, just got to get some nice wheels now! BBS RX2 or RK2 are favourite at the mo. I've just ordered some floor mats as well in beige with blue piping. I saw a Corrado years ago with beige Recaro interior with floor mats like these and it looked amazing. I'll post more pics when they are here.

I might sell my RX2s if you're interested, newly refurbed outers and a fifth wheel available too with or without new tyres.

02Apr06002.jpg

Hi all, been really busy with work so haven't been on here much. I've just washed and waxed the car and taken some new pics now it has lowered suspension and BBS wheels.

The work I've had done so far includes:-

New timing chains and tensioners (although virtually no visible wear at 90K so I felt it was a bit of a waste!), new clutch, tappets, KW variant 1 suspension, wishbones, top mounts and all other suspension rubber bits (rear axle bushes had already been done), Magnex exhaust system, oil, filter, spark plugs and leads, rear engine mount. All this work was done at APS in Brackley. These guys used to work at AMD in Bicester and set up this business. They are brilliant and really care for your car. I was very impressed and they're much more reasonable than AMD. Nathan knows all there is to know about VR's so it's nice to give a new business some work.

I also took the car to Clean Image in Chelmsford to have the leather on the front seats re-coloured. As you can see form the pics, they look like new.

I then fitted BBSW RX 16" wheels and Good Year Eagle tyres, supplied by Darren from G-Werks. They look great and keep the 'original' look of the car. Some mats from Autostyle in beige with blue piping finish off the interior and a respray of the bonnet and tailgate to remove a small rust bubble brought the exterior up to near immaculate condition. I'm really chuffed with the car and love the rarity of the cream interior. In fact, I've not seen any standard cream interiors, only recaro ones in Aqua Blue cars so I'm hoping it stays that way!

By the way, I can also thoroughly recommend the KW suspension - it rides really well and is better than the favoured Koni / H&R setup in my opinion.

The only things I need now are an uprated headlight loom, maybe a new stereo and a new battery as this one goes flat if left for more than a week.

The only fault to date has been the MAF but I got a second hand one and it's fine now. (Touchwood!)

Looks so good with the cream and blue combo - much better than classic green with the same colour hide! Those mats are going to be fun keeping clean during the winter - but do look damn good in there!

How much did it cost you to get the leather sorted btw?

I agree with Steve @ about the side repeaters and would also recomend lupo wipers just to finish it off ;)

I've had Lupo wipers before but don't like the look of them - a strange quirk of mine I know! I've got some darkened repeeaters but you think clear ones are the way to go?

As regards the mats, I put the black ones in if it's wet. Luckily it's a second car so it doesn't get used in the wet anyway if I can help it!

I've got some darkened repeeaters but you think clear ones are the way to go?

ive had clear and IMo dark look much better!!

tis a belter of a car that...

Cheers for the comments guys. I'll try my dark lenses. Ben, do you live on Anglesey? Used to holiday there evy year with the family as a kid in Newborough. Yours looks like Aqua Blue too with the same wheels?