Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Huets show car from about 8 years ago

This weekend against my better judgement I have bought back into the mk2 Golfs with a pretty tidy late 16v and a slightly tatty 8v. I got another 8v coming back soon so was thinking I could make at least 2 tidy cars out of all the bits.

Thing is (testing the memory abit here) but does anyone remember a white mk2 Golf featured in Maxpower and alike about 8 years ago? It looked pretty standard outside apart from being de-stripped and 17" wheels? I'm pretty sure the slightly tatty 8v is this car; everything is covered in dynamat, full closure alarm, and something which makes it stand out for me is a CD changer hidden behind the middle air vents which is exposed when you adjust the air flow. Interior is immaculate.

I remember sitting in their show car and it sounded and looked wicked at the time. I've emailed them to see what they come back with, but if it is the car I can't bring myself to break it.

vaguely remember the car you mean, the cd changer rings bells, will look see if ive got any pics. dont want a mk2 vr as well do you to complete your collection?

Gav

Thanks, would be well interested to see any pictures and whether it is the one. It's one of the last J-plates aswell so a few things going for it.

My first VW was a 16V so that's what I was going for, the other one was sort of thrown in. Can't keep them all so now in abit of a dilema. Thanks for the offer but I better leave the VR, still have a soft spot for the mk2's but must stop somewhere. :roll:

I brought some of the install from this car if it was the white mk2. was a great car in its day

It is the car g-man, just phoned them (cheers Neil) and its the right number plate. Once I've got it running they want to see it again, apparently it was the owners own car before the install.

It's a shame someone has let it go, interior is in very good shape, but the exterior paintwork has got the green fungus growing on it as if it's been sitting under a tree for a few years. Abit of rust has set in aswell and the alloys are well in need of a refurb.

Must weigh a ton with all the dynamat, shutting the doors sounds like an Audi.

I'll try and post some tonight, maybe will be a before and after if I feel brave enough.. Alot of work to do, will be interesting whether you lot think it's going to be worth it.

i was a big fan of Mark Vergotters? Golf. The red one on OZ rims which was and ICE car. Always incredibly clean.

Here's a couple of overall pictures, I'll try and get some more of the interior once it's all back in.

I've ended up selling the car back to Huets as they want to restore it. Hopefully it will back to its former glory very soon.

I've ended up selling the car back to Huets as they want to restore it. Hopefully it will back to its former glory very soon

at least it`s going to be `saved`, i`ve got a bit of a soft spot for mk 2 golf`s having owned about 4 gti`s over the years 8)

i was a big fan of Mark Vergotters? Golf. The red one on OZ rims which was and ICE car. Always incredibly clean.

Yeah used to love Marks MK2, proper class install. Nice bloke aswell, got to chat to him a bit when I lived down in Bournemouth.

Jay