Sign in to follow this  
146 Jockey

Uprated Loom

Have you got a loom already Pete? If you have and need the instructions PM me. Only need a 10mm spanner really.

Gavin

Not got anything yet, but I have noticed that the lights are really poor on my VR.

Will this make them brighter??? Can I use brighter bulbs or something???

I really am a novice here... :oops:

Was thinking of having a go at making my own, hope no-one minds! Just a little short of cash at the mo. Are there any parts that I am going to need that I couldnt get in my local electronics shop?

Would someone please send me the most detailed diagrams available of the construction and installation of the uprated loom.

Ross, If you do a search on loom you can get all the other threads. There was one that had a link to mateymatey with some instructions on it.

I am not offended that you want to make your own, if your comment was meant for me. Just think about the turkey my kids won't be getting this Christmas. :shock: I don't like paying for stuff I can do myself. It isn't rocket science but Rocket scientists have bought from me!

There was someone on here made one from some amp wire he had floating about. They all work the same by missing out the std wiring and routing power straight from the battery to the bulbs.

Some will look better than others but still have the same result.

Cheers

Gavin

It isn't rocket science but Rocket scientists have bought from me!

Looking forward to receiving mine soon Gavin - the cheques in the post :wink:

not wishing to do H100VW out of any business here but i just bought a loom with 2 relays for my lights from halfords for £20. its made by ring and is designed to wire up spot lights or fogs. it has a 30amp inline fuse and all the wire you could need and it seems to suit me fine...

is there a difference between this and the loom you provide H100VW?

as i say im not trying to do you out of sales, im sure £30 is fair money for time and effort in getting parts and making it and posting it...

Nathan, I haven't seen the Ring kit so cant comment. You only mention one fuse, mine has two.

I am not offended by you trying to save a few quid. I am always willing to have a go myself, before paying out hard earned.

I remember when Ring just did cheap high power bulbs( I am 35 now ), that blew frequently. Most of their stuff looked and was cheap. I don't know if it has changed but it wouldn't interest me anyway, as I now earn more money than when I was 17 and buy quality gear the first time, rather than after the cheap one died.

That might sound big headed but the folk that have met me, know I am not like that.

Later

Gavin

Oh yeah Mark, I got your cheque thanks.

gav could i trade my caddy loom for a passat one ...?? :lol: :lol: i had to join the passat owners club too ya see :lol:

What made you think ppl think you are big headed? I thought you were a very nice man, a very very nice man ;-)

LOL just funning!

Good loom Gav has there!

Chris

Gavin your a super star mate, got me loom this morning as promised, well impressed with the build quality of it, and will be fitting it tonight if its not to cold.

Thanks once again,

For any one interested in one of these then it's a deal, its a steal, its a sale of the f**king century! GET ONE NOW.

Darren, do you want to trade it or sell it and I'll do you another? That one will fit a MK1/2 and your Passat if you take it straight to the bulb. Buzz a hole in the headlight access cover and extract the terminals from the plugs. Poke the wires thru and re-fit the plugs.

Which Passat have you bought, one like mine??

Thanks for all your positive comments everyone else. I feel all warm inside. :)

Bally, you are welcome.

Gavin

here's the effect of my home-made loom...

low beam before

S_DSCF0007.JPG

low beam after

S_DSCF0021.JPG

high beam before

S_DSCF0008.JPG

high beam after

S_DSCF0022.JPG

in both cases philips vision plus bulbs are fitted for the low beam (H4)