Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Biggerbigneil's Black VR6

Hmmm - Alot of people advertise on eBay instead of the autotrader not becuase of all these scam phone calls you get... My mate had a really nice tidy mk3 GTi 16v for sale on there and the only calls he got were 'pay us £75 and we'll put you in touch with people looking for this exact car' - fark offf!

Bumpage!

PM me with offers if you're interested, can come and view any time.

The amount of scam emails I'm getting from Autotrader is just rediculous so it would be nice to sell to a forum member

Must... own... a VR... one day!

Looks fantastic.. nice standard looking VR's in darker colours just look the nuts! :)

Not for sale now, too much fun driving her over the weekend and Mr Radford is putting bad ideas in my head! Any chance we can move back to the members gallery??

Not for sale now, too much fun driving her over the weekend and Mr Radford is putting bad ideas in my head! Any chance we can move back to the members gallery??

hehehe.. 8)

Hey Neil, just saw this thread, bought back a lot of memories in that car, some bad but the good outweighed them, the noise I remember as being pretty special but it's the general feel too.

Hey Nice Corrado you have there pity it has to go.... I'm constantly 'going to sell it next month' but still have it 3 years and 65k further! :lol:

.....just been reading through this thread and noticed you had an ABS problem you fixed by changing a valve, is this an easy job? I think my C must have the same problem as it's showing a sensor fault with 2 new front sensors.....

Hey Sam, how's it going? What are you driving around in at the moment?

The car is driving very well now. I have sourced the missing bits of interior, removed all the scratches and sorted out the body work without having to spray anything - G3 and alot of polishing. New header tank, some hoses and bits and pieces so all running as it should. Fitted some refurbished speedlines, new tyres all round and a magnex cat back - all looking very nice and standard!

KipVR - The dignostics brought up front right connector I think, which turned out to be a valve on the main ABS unit. I was charged £1.60 by a mate haha. Apparently it's usually the sensors that go, maybe they need resetting if you have replaced them? I don't know about VW's but BMW's when ever anything is replaced some button or sequence of buttons/movements has to be done on resetting everything - breaks, service lights, airbag etc

As for the car, she is kind of for sale, I keep changing my mind all the time

Hey, been a while, dam if I had enough cash I would have that car back in a second! My gf was chewing my ear off about it and my bank balance was deteriorating tho, lol. I don't regret a second of it tho. Have got a MK2 Focus at the moment, have driven the car hard and have to say it's a pretty good car, grip and ride quality are very good and I've driven the car hard, It's a very capable car but not half as fun as the VR. How long do you think you will keep my old girl for then? hehe.

Not sure Sam, I don't use her everyday as have a Beamer which I'm quite happy throwing miles on. I change my mind all the time, I'd really like a Porsche 968 or a 3.2 V6 TT (original shape) so have put both cars up on pistonheads - the thing is every time I start up the VR, I know I'm just going to want another one if I sell it..