Sign in to follow this  
Dubbin 24/7

Possible right off by insurance....help!!

Last week driving home from work around 6pm, only 8 miles from where i live. Coming up to a round-about, two lanes, in the lane nearest to round-about, going about 10-15 limes heading straight over...estate car pulls out in front of me from left, i put on the brakes try to avoid her by vering right (i.e sort of round the round-about)

slide then bang into a curb front wheel bashed into arch,

Worst bit the ladies driver looks at me points and drives off with me left side ways on a round-about....!!!!!!ahhhh, soooo p*****ed offf!!

mechanic think possibly a right off....thinks the driveshft , rear axle poss bent, nearside wishone bent.....note: no body work damage at all!

If i tell my insurance and they confirm right off, if they paid out would they want to take the car...?

I know they will pay near to nothing for a 17yr old car.....

Help....any suggestion what to do...???

Thanks..........chris

I'd be racking my brains to remember the registration number of her car before reporting her for leaving the scene of an accident!

It sounds to me like you could get the parts to repair the car second hand for a couple of hundred quid, providing the chassis is still straight.

That sucks. I hear too many stories like this, so frustrating when it happens, a friend recently swerved to avoid some numbskull pulling out of a T-Junction who wasn't looking where they were going, my mate ended up hitting a wall and writing off his golf. Needless to say said numskull drove off, didn't stop to see if he was allright. :x

So I say the same thing everytime, you'd be better off just piling into the car causing the problem (unlesss of course there is room to miss them and anything else), that way its their fault and they have to pay out. And also, they learn a valuable lesson...look before pulling out.

You could get the insurers to write it off (they would take the car off you), take the money but then buy it back for next to nothing if you wanted to restore it. Or just don't tell them and keep your NCB etc. and restore it anyway.

As for claiming money, send them evidence (ebay auctions, autotrader adds etc) showing how much C's are worth. Maybe someone high-up in the Corrado Forum/club could give you a valuation aswell.

similar thing happened to me, wrote off my car and gave me £1000, apart from it was a taxi that cut me up and drove off!! i dont know how people have the nerve to drive off after causing an accident, me and my mate should have been dead according to the fire brigade!! surely that could have been murder!!??!!

hmmmm, now let me think why they might drive off-

1) they've probably guessed that you want to rearrange them because of their driving

2) they're pissed as rats/under the influence of illegal substances

3) probably no tax/insurance & don't want to get busted

4) could be twoccers/complete toss*rs as well

5) don't want to get busted for causing an accident ie careless driving, due care etc :study:

good luck with the claim/repairs

yeah, usually best to use the gas pedal instead of the brakes next time!! then if they are still conscious slam their head in their car door 'vinnie jones-lock stock... stylee' teach em to drive better!!

Bit extreme i know, but people that drive away from an accident are potential murderers!!