Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

BBS alloys...

Hi all,a few questions about my own present to me,from me:

How does 1 avoid getting the center caps from being nicked?,taking into account the fact that in Rome anything not welded down will dissapear,especially alloys..

Anyone ever dismanteled a splitrim before?,how are the rims sealed?,do they have a kinda rubber gasket?,sealant,mastik??,theoreticly could i change the tyres over my self after deflating them and unbolting the outer chrome rings?.

Thanks for any info.

Hi all,a few questions about my own present to me,from me:

How does 1 avoid getting the center caps from being nicked?,taking into account the fact that in Rome anything not welded down will dissapear,especially alloys..

Anyone ever dismanteled a splitrim before?,how are the rims sealed?,do they have a kinda rubber gasket?,sealant,mastik??,theoreticly could i change the tyres over my self after deflating them and unbolting the outer chrome rings?.

Thanks for any info.

Nice rims... not sure how you can avoid the centres not being nicked.. I tried to undoo one on the wkend without using the BBS hex key you get & wasnt to easy!

I dont no much abt the RS's but have spilt a 3peice set.. takes some time, undoo all the bolts depending on many bolt the rims are, then its a matter of using a solvent like brake cleaner or simliar to break the rubber seal & with a shape knife scrape away the sealent, its not a quick job, trying to seperate the rims aint easy, as for tyres, I surgest you have them removed by a garage, as we tried to cut them of, not easy :lol:

I would take the tyres of 1st then spilt the rubber sealent of & then remove the outer dish afterwards...

Ive been helping a mate spilt some so will be putting them back together soon.. all good fun!

billinjah & OSV have both spilt BBS's before so they may no better way round it...

goodluck

Feckin ell, Bally's typed more than 3 words :shock: :lol:

cheeky git.. :p you following me again :lol: