Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

Show me your tints.

I had my windows tinted today. 35% on the sides, and 50% on the rear screen.

I havent seen many rados on here with tints but there must be a few. I'll post pics of mine once I've cleaned all the mank off the car (baby powder and soapy water marks).

I'm not sure if mine are too dark. :? I'm concerned that I may have wasted my money on the 35%... thinking maybe I should've gone 50% all round.

I'm fully aware of the legalities.

You the Corrado-forum police or something??

Do you have window tints? Do you have pics to show me?

Anything over the stock 70% standard glass tint is illegal, I know.

Why dont you go and give flamer boy some grief.

wow! thats some temper you've got there. did the drive back from dartford make you that ratty? he was only offering advice on what he believes is the law.

Nice tints by the way, looked good 8)

Harsh.... Very Harsh!! Possibly a bit unnessacery as well, only offering advice i believe!

rofl, whats up with you then mate???

I was simply stating information on the subject of your post, calm the f*ck down!!!

Tinters make you fully aware of the law before they tint your car or even when they quote you.

Yes I'm moody after having to sweat it out in a shed load of traffic on the way home from the meet. M25 shut + blazing heat + not being able to open my front windows for 7 days = one very miserable Rob.

So.

Any pics anyone?

chromy business 8)

My tints are rear only,they were on the car when i got it and they are weird. :? i cant find an end to the tint film (if it is film) and im sure there are little vw signs in it :? (not the glass ones either although,may have been drinking)

31506marsdenroad10.jpg

volksdevil1ststicker2.jpg

rado26010612.jpg

edit:sh|te pics :roll:

I've looked at many a pic of your car and never realised it was tinted! Looking at it now they look about as dark (or light) as mine. You dont like them?

nah,i like em m8 8) !

spot on i reckon,not too obvious without looking like a possible standard feature of the car,yet dark enough to look the part?

edit:just read that back to me self and i dont understand it. :lol:

Is that just the rear quarters, phat? or is the drop glass like it too? Cant really tell in that pic.

just the rear quarters. see what you mean about the pic, the fronts do look done too, but they aren't.

chromolux is sweet,,,

rob why cant you put ya windows down, did u end up getting them done by some cowboys or did u get a diy kit from halfords :lol:

Yes I'm moody after having to sweat it out in a shed load of traffic on the way home from the meet. M25 shut + blazing heat + not being able to open my front windows for 7 days = one very miserable Rob.

no worries

Radostormvr6, what % are those? They look about the same as mine. Somehow yours look good yet I'm not 100% sure about mine. Maybe in time they will grow on me.

Furks, have to leave them up for 7 days to let them dry. L&M tinting from Leicester did them.

gatwick auto shades down here are regarded as one of the best and you can start using them straight away... bizarre

ohh and post some pics of ya tints

gatwick auto shades down here are regarded as one of the best and you can start using them straight away... bizarre

ohh and post some pics of ya tints

How much do they charge? I was quoted £450+VAT from Pentagon in Acton. west London. L&M charged me £180

A mate had his car done at in sutton at a place I cant remeber the name of, and he had to leave his windows up for 7 days too...

£220 im getting mine done soon as they get the film i want :wink: you shoulda said mate their sh1tt hot

none. I think my passenger window is already scratched from when they put the windows down to put the trim back on.