Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

Show me your tints.

phats chromo look cool... am i right in thinking it was max power film (apologies if i`m wrong)

rob that was a bit ratty :lol:

i reckn your car will look uber cool dark`d out... get some pics up dude

Here's mine before I got pulled over and fined and given 3 points. They were only letting through 20% of light.

hi - is doing the Max Power tint easy? and a good result PhatVR6 ?

i live near sutton so wil try to get down there and find their detials. bben after a good mod to do and tints i think are pretty cool..

Auto Shades near sutton were shut, but got a quote from a place Near Heathrow - found ad in Friday Ads.

Rear and small rear sides = £140 limo black

Driver/passanger sides 25% tint (legal is 28 % max i've been told) for £190 the lot. not too bad..£55 off as January sales. can get number if anyone interested. need to save up more pennies as crimbo was lots of expensive fun. :) ;(

I'm thinking of getting mine tinted. Anyone got any thoughts on:

1. pre-cut window kits for a Corrado (about £40)

2. rolls of tint-film (is this easy to do,or will it just look sh!te when it's done?)

3. Getting it tinted professionally (don't they just use rolls of window tint like I would?)

I've also got a scratch on my near side window. Will this need replacing before I get it tinted?

Cheers,

Chris

I'm thinking of getting mine tinted. Anyone got any thoughts on:

1. pre-cut window kits for a Corrado (about £40)

2. rolls of tint-film (is this easy to do,or will it just look sh!te when it's done?)

3. Getting it tinted professionally (don't they just use rolls of window tint like I would?)

I've also got a scratch on my near side window. Will this need replacing before I get it tinted?

Cheers,

Chris

Professional's will only use the tint film on a roll that you can buy but they're not called professional for nothing. I did some for myself years ago and ended up buying three rolls to get them to anything I wanted to be seen out with. I'd expect a scratch to show up more after they're done, one reason I've put off doing mine for so long, sounds like I've got the same scratch as you :)

Right. So need to buy a brand new second hand near side window. The pre-cut kits aren't much more. How difficult is it to cut the rolls to fit? I imagine I have to make a template with paper first? Or I could do what my neighbour has done. He didn't want to pay for a roll of tint to screen off the back windows of his van, so he's used some sawn down wooden interior louvre doors. Interesting look...

if you aint very patient and dont wanna keep trying and trying, the pre cut stuff from Trillogy is mint, its all the right sizes and shapes (hence pre cut - not called that for no reason duhh), much easier to fit than the roll stuff. i helped fit the rear windows on a megane with the pre cut stuff but i got pissed off at doing a flat piece of glass with the roll stuff. lol