Sign in to follow this  
rolex

VR HELP!! kangarooing, revs dying

im trying to clean the isv, but not sure if this is it?(dont think so,so where is it)(in my hand pic)

also, whats the spring or coil in other pic? should that be there?

help much appreciated.

I'm confused, where is the other pic of the spring etc?

That is the PCV valve, well it's not a valve really and the connector connects to nothing, it's magic! Just put it back and forget about it, the ISV is a metal(Alloy) item and sits on the passenger side of the throttle cable and has an inlet and an outlet and an electrical connection at the back of it.

isv.jpg

26.jpg

Chris

right ok, :oops:

so if i whip the isv off spray with carb cleaner, then hopfully my stalling an splutting should p1ss off,

(thanks for quick respones)

Probably not but it's worth giving it a clean, i've never found any difference by cleaning it but you may do if it's fouled up, check all the couplings and vacuum pipes for splits and air leaks howver supect as this is likely to effect your problem.

Keep us up to date on the progress and results though.

Chris

well, cleaned ISV. there was alot of carbon build up in there, throttle an revs are alot smooth now :D took for 45min run an no stalling or splutting, only thing i noitced was revs drop more quickly when you easy off the gas,guessing this being to no more build up.also she ticks over at 600/700rpm where before i think it was 1000rpm.

chris VR6nos cheers buddy,for pointing me in the right direction :D

right well, its back :mad: i also put some injector cleaner in it today,it hasnt down it as bad after tho but you can feel it wants too.so hopefully it'll get me to inters :?

Nightmare but like i said, i've tried cleaning those things a few times but never found any real value in it, more often it's due to less obvious things, no easy answer really, just a case of problem solving be elimination and difficult to help from hundreds of miles away but VAG-COM is a good place to start like to see what the MAF and O2 sensors are doing.

Chris

well it got me to inters an back without doing it :), i know someome with VAG-COM, so ill try that, :D