Sign in to follow this  
adambob

How do I fit this bleedin BMC CDA?!!!

Apologies for being incompetent but can someone please advise how i'm supposed to fit the BMC CDA?

The engine side opening of the CDA doesn't appear to fit the air intake from the engine - i assumed the adaptor would overcome this but i've assumed wrong!

I bought the kit from Stealth so i should have all the necessary components.

Cheers,

Adam

The piece of samco adaptor hoses acts as a reducer between the BMC and the slightly smaller TB

Given that of course the samco hose is of uniform diameter- it means its slides easily onto the TB but needs a bit more effort to get it onto the CDA.

I would recommends softening the Samco in boling water and using a bit of fairy liquid to ease it on!

Cheers

Cheers for response although the adaptor is hard plastic - it won't soften in boiling water.

Do you think they've given me the wrong piece of kit?....

I've got a photo but i'm having difficulty attaching it to my message!

(can you only attach messages from an HTTP address?)

Im guessing you didnt get the kit from Stealth? If not i dont think youll have th piece of samco hose required to attach it to the maf area (mines blue)

B*stards! They've sent me the wrong adaptor. I'll get on the blower (excuse the pun) to them now.

Cheers

on the box does it say 85/150 on the white sticker?? if it does, its the right one, you just need some 80mm inside diameter silicone hose, and if you did not specify it was for a corrado, you would not have been sent it, as if vince relises it's for a corrado he will charge you an extra £6 for it, :wink:

To be fair if its Stealth's fault, i'll be surprised if they charge you anything to get the problem sorted.. they do actually give a crap about their customer service! :)

sorry, what i meant was JIM they charge you £6 for the silicon hose at the time of purchase, and put it in the box for you.

Doh - sorry mate - I was trying to reply to the original poster, not you bud! I should have quoted his comment.. apologies! :)

Fitted and sorted! I hacked up the old filter cone as i couldn't get hold of any hosing.

I called Stealth and they apologised for the mix up and have dispatched the correct adaptor. I'll replace my DIY job when it arrives.

For the record, I wasn't calling the Stealth boys B*stards! It's just my own frustration - nothing ever seems to be straightforward and I wonder why I've spent nearly £12,000 on her (and that's excluding the buy price!!!!)

Cheers again for all your help.

And further to the above - the BMC is a cracking piece of kit. I couldn't believe the difference; I'm always sceptical about the alleged increases in power / torque etc but I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised.

I gave one of those mazda RX8's a run for it's money down some country back roads - the mazda surprised me actually; it handled very well although I read somewhere that they have 50-50 weight distribution or something.