Sign in to follow this  
Rico

Returning to the ways of the Rado!

Hi guys, not been on here for ages after selling my previous pearl green rado :(

But as you've probably guessed I've eventually seen the light and provisionally bought another one (subject to test drive etc)

I know the owner of the car and can't see any probs with it so should have it in the next week or so!!

The car...

rado9gr.jpg

Just the 1.8 valver but everything works (spoiler and sunroof!) and its in good condition so I'm happy!

Plans are to get the back down to the same height as the front, tint the rear lights fully red and remove the bumpstrips from the sides.

I have some other plans too but I'll add more as and when it happens.

Looking forward to getting back into the forum :wink:

Ps. Would a mod be able to change my user name to Rico???

Thanks mate, The wheels are Stil-Auto Sigma's, pretty rare and they really suit the car I think.

Also getting the original sebrings it came with so they'll be kept for the winter or sold on..

Welcome back mate! :)

I´m glad to know that all Corrado owners who sold their cars still miss them...

It´s means that these cars are really special! :D

....... once driven, forever bitten ....... you cant escape :lol: .......... like that lyric on hotel california " you can checkout but you can never leave ", ...welcome back mate 8)

Thanks for the re-reception guys!

I'm just looking forward to picking the car up now, should be wednesday hopefully ;)

Nice 1 rico! Cant wait to see it! Scary thing is i test drove that very car 2 years ago whnen looking for a 16V!

Sad to see the rocco go tho, anyway will you have this up at next edinburgh meet yeah?!

Alright Mikey, yeah should be at the meet, I'm on hols all that week so be rude not to!

How was it when you drove it?

Good luck :)

Might I suggest keeping a hold of the Sebrings? I used to run on 17s and, even with standard suspension, the ride and steering feel was hideous. It's a much better car on the standard wheels.

i did the same.. apart from i was bad enough to buy the same car back... he he

good choice mate i know how it felt i was always missing mine it was my baby. now shes retired and get used as my 2nd car... love her to bits

Sebrings are already spoken for but the wheels on the car are only 16's so shouldn't be a huge change from standard.

Oh and Phil K, I've not stopped thinking Rado all day,

Been a very long shift :D

Got it!!

Word's can't describe how well this car handles, it feels unstickable!

Love it! :-P

Thanks mate, Gonna spend the day cleaning it tomorrow if it stays dry, needs a good polish

Oh and 2 very common but none the less annoying things about the car, The lights are crap and so are the wipers :roll:

I'm away to find a loom for the lights on ebay!

And lupo wipers!

I've been bitten in the same way too. Got a Bahn Brenner, then a passat 1.8t, then a Polo G40, Then a BMW 7 series... but 3 weeks ago came back to a VR6 :) And i've only just turned 25..

Think I'm just gonna make the looms myself, £30 quid for a 4 light loom is a bit much when I could make it for a fiver!