Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Eibach pro-kit suspension, whats do you think?

Hi all,

I will be getting my rado vr soon hopefully and will want to lower it as they are sooo high standard and also im getting some deep dish wheels which would look much better on a lowered vr :D

I have had a look on the suspension guide post and it seems Koni and H&R are the way to go. However these are an expensive option by the looks of it. Has anyone got the eibach springs on theres? If so are these any good? Or does anyone know any alternatives or good cheap sites etc? Thanks.

Rob H.

The Eibach pro kit is excellent but remember if your car is 94 onwards you will need early top plates as Eibach only make a spring with the 81-mm top coil. The Weitec VW001GT kit is an excellent alternative, not that I am biased or anything.

hey, why not fit a Kent GS2H cam (or whatever it is) whilst you're in there?

and remember, never build a car you can buy! ;-)

I have no personal expirience, but everyone ive spoken too that have had eibach springs say they are very very hard and crashy. Aks Dinkus, he had them on his VR and changed to H&Rs.

You could try PI springs, they have more of a drop than the H&Rs 40mm rather than 30-35 and the ride is absolutely fantastic. The PIs are more like 80 squids which is about 50 less than the H&Rs if iirc. 2cc has them and they are fab.

Thanks for the help guys. If the eibachs are quite hard and crashy then i will look for an alternative, i want quite a comfortable ride but lower with good handling. I will take a look at the PI springs if not then i might think to about the H&R's. Cheers everyone :)

I had a look at some sites and PI's are looking a good option. What are your views on SPAX springs though? they have a good write up, and sound better than the PI's. Also these springs are made for the car, does that mean that they are ok to put onto standard shocks or would that cock up the handling at all? Cheers.

Rob

hey, why not fit a Kent GS2H cam (or whatever it is) whilst you're in there?

and remember, never build a car you can buy!

What is the problem?