Sign in to follow this  
CharlieHorse

Top[ mount replacement

Fronts I assume?

Yes you will need spring compressors, did you also get the bearing as the VR6's have a seperate mount and bearing... you should also do these in pairs.

TM's are a bit of an arse really because of the labour involved and the geometry will need resetting afterwards - you should at least consider changing the shocks too unless they are newish...

Thanks. Fronts it is. Should have mentioned that.

Just been out an had the wheels off. There was a special treat waiting for me in the form of a snapped spring. Is it worth bothering to replace just the springs or is it better to get the whole lot.

Supercahrged - Does the bearing come with the Top mount do you know? Getting my top mounts from VW but not sure if they are with them??

"Special treat waits for me in the form of a snapped spring" :-) Dunno why but I found that amusing, LOL!

The bearing needs ordering seperately, just tell VW you need the bearing and the rubber bush and you should get what you need.

You don't need to get the geometry redone if you measure the camber angle with a spirit level (on the disc face) before taking the strut off and put it back the same afterwards. it'll get you by at least, then you can get it professionally checked at a later date.