Sign in to follow this  
sciroccotune

More vibration since installing new rear engine mount?

Since installing my new rear engine mount (i did the front last month) there has been noticeably more vibration in the car.

The car feels better as in the drive and gear change but on idle there is more cabin vibration - it is only really noticeable on idle.

My guess is that i may have to loosed all the mounds and push the engine about a bit to settle its position?

What ya think?

:D :?

Believe this has been a long standing complaint with aftermarket mounts - and that the ideal setup really is a decent aftermarket mount on the front (VT, etc) and OE mounts for the others...

sorry guys should have said,

Yes its the drivers side but its just a GSF oe spec rubber mount and the front is a rubber one from ECP.

It really annoying, I mean in fairness my old rear mount could be compressed by had so was totally fooked, but the extra vibration is just annoying. Its just one of those things that makes the car less refined if you know what I mean

edit: but i know what you guys mean about after market types, i tried them but got sick after a few weeks