Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Best cone filter for g60

Im after 2 cone filters to run twin inlet on my g60.

What would be the best brand of cones to use?

Ive got a jabba heatshield already

paper filter only on a G,, keeps your charger nice and clean inside!! just keep it changed frequently,,

if you wanna increase your available air, try a twin inlet airbox from

Edition 1 on this forum.... and remove the carbon cannister and open up teh bottom of teh airbox in this location so you get a nice cold air feed beneath,,

I`m sure you`ll find it loud enough,, mine aint quiet thats for sure...

if you must use a cone filter, make sure you clean and oil it at the same frequency you change the Engine oil,,

Clean air is one of the most important things for a G Lader,,

if you wanna increase your available air, try a twin inlet airbox from

Edition 1 on this forum....

He also does a twin inlet with cone filters.

BLOODY HELL That looks mint -whats the gains on that up to standard unit? and like the good man asked whats the cost? :shocked!:

Make sure you get your charger inspected regularly if you go with those sorts of filters! I've heard enough horror stories..

Yeah me to I herd the pull so hard they'll pull bits off the cone's which will get all sh&£y in the charger - and then it will all end in tears :onfire:

Yeah, I've never liked the idea of cone filters on a G60 , I'd stick with the standard airbox myself.

The twin inlet OE looking airbox is around £170 + VAT and Delivery AFAIK - I've seen the kits and they are indeed nicely produced 8)

As for gains, I don't think they've done a power run with/without the twin inlet because the gent that designed and makes the kits has just serviced his charger at RKE and needs to run it in properly before giving it beans. I'm not sure what sort of gains it will give, but it fecking looks and sounds cool :lol:

Contact SWG , or Edition1 on here for info :)

Yeah, I've never liked the idea of cone filters on a G60 , I'd stick with the standard airbox myself.

The twin inlet OE looking airbox is around £170 + VAT and Delivery AFAIK - I've seen the kits and they are indeed nicely produced 8)

As for gains, I don't think they've done a power run with/without the twin inlet because the gent that designed and makes the kits has just serviced his charger at RKE and needs to run it in properly before giving it beans. I'm not sure what sort of gains it will give, but it fecking looks and sounds cool :lol:

Contact SWG , or Edition1 on here for info :)

Thanks Walesy

My charger is now well and truly run in :lol: ( especially after the 650 mile round trip to inters) !

I must say the G is now pullin like a cheap hooker !!! :-P (I'll try to get the car on the rollers and get some figures as soon as poss !).

P.S

The twin inlet kits are available now if anyones interested !

Steve

Does look the nuts, is it hard work to fit the second intake to orig?

how much with cones?

The twin cone version is not available yet , we are in the process of sorting out a heat shield for it.

When this is done I'll let you know :)

"BLACKG60" wrote - Does look the nuts, is it hard work to fit the second intake to orig?

The twin inlet is designed to fit to any Golf, Rallye or Corrado G60, its a simple bolt on replacement for the original intake system.

Give em call fellas, speak to Steve, they are ready and in stock, just ordered mine :) Will post pics when all fitted :wink: .

S.