Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Boost

Bonjour

Is 12.5 PSI in a G60 with a ported head, standard charger ( freshly rebuilt ) with 68mm pulley anything to worrry about?

Ta :)

It's the new owner of my G60 mate so i'm not entirely sure, he's too scared to start a thread :lol: :wink:

I was under the impression that cars with ported heads flowed better so used less boost :?

For a minute there, I thought you were on about the chocolate bar! :lol:

Your right about the less boost thing(think Hennys runs 0psi!)

Really does depend on where you're taking the reading from though.

It's the new owner of my G60 mate so i'm not entirely sure, he's too scared to start a thread :lol: :wink:

I was under the impression that cars with ported heads flowed better so used less boost :?

Correct.. this is good.

Our big valve heads show around 8psi but on std heads the boost is 16-17psi

Cheers guys

So, it looks like he needs to get a G-Werks head to get that PSI down then :twisted: :lol:

Dave you cheeky f e c k e r :lol:

I thought that boost would only go down with a big valve head, not, if it was just flowed (especially if the flowing was done by a firm that sounds like a Swedish super group from the 70s :rainbowafro: :wink: ), I may be wrong though.

Dont get me wrong car pulls very well, I was just curious really 8)

Cheers.

S.

:p - If I remember correctly the head was supplied and fitted at Jabbasport ? And I think I remember reading that Jabba sent the heads to CNC and they have a good rep! , I'm not sure where ABBA come into it though :lol: - It should be fine untill you get a G-werks Big Valve head on there anyway :wink: :lol:

:p - If I remember correctly the head was supplied and fitted at Jabbasport ? And I think I remember reading that Jabba sent the heads to CNC and they have a good rep! , I'm not sure where ABBA come into it though :lol: - It should be fine untill you get a G-werks Big Valve head on there anyway :wink: :lol:

The Jabba Heads are most definatly not done on a CNC.

Cheers fellas,

Darren, can you please pm me a price for a Schrick cam, red tops, fmic kit and custom remap, fitted?

Also wouldnt mind having the charger (just rebuilt by your good self) ported to race spec, so please add that in 8)

Ta,

Simon.

Musicman, lucky you got in there 1st im sure bally was going to post something like that. he loves a bit of boost