Sign in to follow this  
andyVR6

are early VR's lower than Later?

']['H3R4POR & dinkus

I can join the club too! I'm a 93 VR that's new except for 90mm front splitter - which I hate!

gonna have to see how my spoiler deals with speed bump, now i'm 40 mm lower ;)

['H3R4POR]gonna have to see how my spoiler deals with speed bump' date=' now i'm 40 mm lower ;)[/quote']

Be Crunchy Nut Corrado Flakes I reckon!

I thought the rear arches were wider on the late body too? :?

Yup, as well as the boot floor being different to accomodate the larger fuel tank... ;)

(and before anyone argues on this one, I have a late and an early G60 and the rear wings are DEFINATELY different 'cos my wheels aren't changable from one car to the other 'cos they stick out of the arches on my early one making them illegal for road use... :p )

Oh, and my early car has a late bonnet but is HPI clear and has the original slam panel... go figure... :|

it could have just been retro-fitted for cosmetic reasons too tho,as the C VR6 was launched in Sept 91 in Germany IIRC......so wouldn't have been available on an H-reg'd Corrado

yeah, I know... it's 15 years old and I keep finding oddities on it... I've not seen front brakes like she has on a Corrado before (photos will be added to my gallery when I get my arse in gear and take some! :oops: :lol: )

Who knows what previous owners have done?!?

['H3R4POR]gonna have to see how my spoiler deals with speed bump' date=' now i'm 40 mm lower ;)[/quote']

Be Crunchy Nut Corrado Flakes I reckon!

indeed mate :(

trouble is I sanded, prep'ed and fibre glassed mine as it was split on the corners, so I have no play in it as it is more rigid :(

mine hadn't been altered at all when I got it, all standard, even stuff that had been replaced was replaced with all OEM parts (with all receipts).

I do feel kinda guilty somes, changing the wheels, ride height, adding the eyebrow etc, but they are to my taste, and imo compliment the car rather than change its appearance

I've gone the opposite way - changing stuff on my C but for Corrado parts that I think are best - so I've done a lot but it's not really visible - if that makes sense?

']['H3R4POR & dinkus

I can join the club too! I'm a 93 VR that's new except for 90mm front splitter - which I hate!

Mines '96 with a small spoiler...

IMO the deep front spoiler gives the corrado a much meaner look. With the small spoiler and not lowered, it looks a bit dated(IMO).

IMO the deep front spoiler gives the corrado a much meaner look. With the small spoiler and not lowered, it looks a bit dated(IMO).

Agreed. Makes the nose look thin and weedy.

Yeah, I had mine off for 2 days when I repaired my front spoiler, couldn't believe the difference it made to the look of the car, I ended up parking it nose first into the hedge so people couldn't see it :oops:

weedy is exactly the word that came to mind :(

One thing I've noticed that makes the car look much 'meaner' is the removal of the side bump strips.

had to remove mine to do some paint flatting & it looks great without them.

oops just realised - off topic.

I am thinking about lowering my 95 VR6 by 30mm

I am wondering if this would result in the car being 30mm lower than the original pre 94 ride height, or 30mm lower than my post 94 ride height?

Yes, my K plater is definatley lower than later VR's and its all standard. Incidentally its got later clocks and interior.