Sign in to follow this  
marcus

PI suspension

I have been looking at PI lowering springs/struts etc. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with this brand?

Are they up there with weitec and KW or a lower market option?

They used to come with the Koni kits and several people have said they prefer them to H&R's, especially on 4cyl models...

chris (2cc) has them on his vr, with koni shcoks. ride is better than h&rs and they are 5mm at least lower, been in both set ups. basically they rock!

Cant speak for PI shocks though bud, no idea there.

Can vouch for the ride on the PI springs with the Koni shocks, very good on a VR and better than H&R 16v/G60 springs.

They are also the only company to manufacture both the earlier, larger top section springs (as per most companies) and the later ones.

Just a thought but if anyone requires PI springs should be able to supply at a fairly good price through my shop Timmy :thumbleft:

Marcus, as the boys have said above, I have PIs on both the VR and 1.8 Valver, both with the Koni T/A shocks.

The VR ride is awesome, the valver not quite as good but still tons better than eibach, H&R, and a couple of other unknown brands that I tried along the way.

Actually, I just reset the Valver's front shocks a bit softer (well fully soft actually) today now the set up has had time to bed in and the ride is much more giving than before. Should also mention that this one also has the later VR style "plus suspension" mounts and caps which are far superior to the old Valver style parts.

So I am well happy with them both.

Timmy, I am disappointed that I can't benefit from your kind offer on a purchase, but if my comments above raise some interest what % do I get :lol: :lol:

PS Also, born and raised in Dorchester and down from time to time as sisters still live there!

Ooh im sure we could come to some arrangemnet :lol: Let us know when your down with your motor again mate if theres anything you need for either of them will try and sort it out for you.

Are the PI springs progressively wound? I am running g-max springs on mine and feel the front needs to come down a little more. do you have any pics of your vr 2cc?

Steve,

Yes, the PIs are progressively wound

Yes, I have loads of pix at home (at work right now)

I'll either post some here or pm you later, probably be Sunday as I'm at Castle Coombe tomorrow.