Sign in to follow this  
steve @

VR Cam position sensor

Just came to swap them over as my old one is buggered. The new one from vag seems to have two magnetic rings near the base of the new sensor where as the old one I removed hasnt. And its the second ring which isnt allowing me to fit the new sensor, as its jamming on the edge/lip of the second ring . Has anyone else experienced this? I am thinking of maybe sanding down the second ring?

Yeah i had the same problem, i had a post on it somewhere? http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

the seal just wouldnt go in, so i ended up with the seal on the outside of the rockercover pushed up against the sensor.

Ive left it like that but would like to know if it makes a difference the further in the sensor goes?

You can slide the wide black plastic rings up i think?

Thats exactly the same problem I am faced with! the second metal ring is slightly to big for the hole in the head. Have tried tapping it in with a bit of wood and a small hammer to no effect. Pain in the arse!

ok had another look today in the daylight! seems that they are only plastic spacers so I removed both then refitted the first one. Fits like a glove now, just need to clear the fault code when I get home :) .

Do you still have both spacers on yours then? TBH I would remove the second one that way it will sit flush, pluss it only takes 5 mins to take off and refit.