Sign in to follow this  
vdubCorrado

debadge or not to debadge the rado...

so my red rado's gonna have some touch up done before showing and i don't know if i should shave the badges or not, but the section that has small recess lines that the badges are located on... a bunch of nicks in the paint from people after me loading and unloading parts in the trunk i imagine knicked it pretty bad... worse than i am willing to let slide on a show car...

so badged or debadged...

currently i have the highline VW emblem, the corrado on the side and an OEM european 16v badge for below the corrado emblem but it is not on the car... the front will be debadged... what do you guys think?

redradodriverrearwitheuro.jpg

oh and the reason i would keep the badges is because i am trying to "clone" a G60 jet with my car minus the G60 engine and the wheels so the Jet stickers wouldn't really make sense if i'm debadged... i dunno what do you think?

ahh my bad, never even thought of it... thanks to which ever mod moved this thread to the appropriate forum... i get forgetful and get into a routine and make mistakes every now and again haha

well i chose to remove my VW badge and keep the Corrado and G60 on mine when i had it resprayed last year

take a look

NewPaintRearOutsideHouse--27-08-05.jpg

never thought about just taking off the VW emblem... or possibly shaving them all, and sanding the tabs off of the corrado emblem and using emblem adhesive it i choose to run the corrado badge... that may work..

debadge it totally and smooth the lines at the edges of the panel and even remove the rear wiper. it will be niiice

snap... no badges, no wiper, but I left the seams alone 'cos I like the way they break up the rear panel a little...

I prefer them without the VW badge but with the corrado badge. Like the look of the deleted wiper aswell but mine gets used too much in the winter to be removed.

I prefer just colour coded "VW" and "Corrado" badges on the back. I like to keep the car's identity but keep people in the dark about the engine.

I think all debadge looks too plain imo. You need something to break up the long panel.

rust was attempting to break up the long panel on mine which is why it's now been welded/plated and de-badged! :lol:

I may stick on the Corrado badge again sometime in the future with bodytape instead of the 3 pins, depends on my mood I think... 8)

that pic almost looks fisheyed, maybe an angled pic next? ;)

I agree about the wiper, Jay kept saying to me about mine "I could have that off in 5 mins", and I agree it does make the rear look cleaner, but I use it too much.

I was actually thinking about this on my way to work today, maybe get it removed and keep a cloth handy :)

I keep one of those silicone wiper thingys you use for drying your car off in my boot so I can clear the rear window before I drive off if it's wet... During driving, the rear window doesn't tend to get wet anyway, so it's not a problem... 8)

Here is what it will look like de-badged and de-wipered mate (i also tinted ya lights red lol)

redrado.jpg

haha i'm gonna go half smoke on the tails, but i like the wiper shaved, but man i really like the functionality of it... that and having to have my whole hatch rapinted again to shave sucks since i was only going to do that small part...

oh and i'm thinking of making the roof between the rain gutters black... i've always liked that look...

sorry to write here but, those who have shaved their corrado's.... could any1 uploade some pics or explain how they filled the VW badge hole, and the CORRADO micro-holes?

thanks...

most would weld the vw badge and the holes for the corrado badges then smooth of with filler. you really dont want to fill with filler as after a couple of knocks it will start crack and look cack :(