Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Retarding My Camshaft

As a temporary measure i want to try and get rid of some of the boost from my g60 by retarding the cam slightly, the main reason for this is that my map sensor is only 1 bar and i am boosting at 15 - 16 psi.

Apart from retarding the cam, am i going to have to change anything else ( Ignition timing etc )

I gave it a quick go today and retarded it by 2 degrees and this seems to have reduced the boost by just enough, its just under 15 psi at the moment. and the map sensor isnt bleeding boost anymore.

Are there any other effects of retarding the cam, other than reduce pressure and moving the power further up the rev range??

maybe mate, but i may have got hold of a map sensor that will do the trick!

Its from a mk3 tdi, 1.5 bar map sensor, bosch, just waiting to hear from darren if this is ok to use.

Had a pretty dismal day at the pod, the car was not right at all, definatley seems to be a faulty map sensor or something similar as after experimenting with the cam, and the car boosting to 13 - 14 psi, the same thing happens at WOT, something still isnt right??