Sign in to follow this  
NjA666

:(

OK, so let me set the scene.........

Nice sunny day, just had a blast of a workout at the gym and heading off back to the office.

Cruising down the bypass around 70/80mph, sunroof open, windows down, RHCP blasting outta the stereo and then.......................

The lorry in front drops several large chunks of wood onto the road. Now as you can imagine, my first response was :shock: following by lots of swearing and almost near sh1ting myself.

Anyway I avoided it for the most part, but due to the barrier on the central reservation being only a cock hair away from me, I had no choice but to hit a bit of it :x

So I heard a crunchy smashy kinda noise but kinda was glad that i was still just about on the road, so as the car was still moving and driving ok, I carried on to the office. When I got there I jumped out to find that other than the headlight smashed in, there doesn't appear to be any other damage (will check properly later).

Picture attached and can anyone help me out with a spare headlight (passenger side) they might have for sale? Can I get just the glass, or do I need the whole unit???

BTW, shes an M-REG VR6.......

Thanks in advance.

Neil.

jesus!!

really lucky!!!

as Supercharged, said, dealers for that - 20 quid.... bargain for what could`ve been a lot worse!!

reminds me of a near miss my mum had a few years ago. As she overtook a lorry carrying big wooden telephone poles she glanced in her rear view mirror to see several of them sliding off the back of the lorry and flipping end over end down the road. had she been 10 seconds slower she'd have been very flat.

looks like you were lucky mate

Unlucky mate, you were bloody lucky really. Just shows the solidness of vw's if i hads done that in my fiesta it would be a write off :lol: Glad its all ok tho :)

nice escape mate :)

didn't you stop to question the gentleman in the lorry?

(I would have done)

['H3R4POR]nice escape mate :)

didn't you stop to question the gentleman in the lorry?

(I would have done)

Thanks for all your comments. I must say though that at the time I didn't feel 2 lucky!! But on reflection it could have been a lot worse!

Dealers it is then (unless anyone has a unit for sale?), didn't think I would get away with a £20 job for this and also didn't think you could replace just the glass, I looked at the unit but couldn't see how the hell it comes to bits...?

As far as the 'gentleman' aka TW@T goes, he manged to escape round the roundabout before I got to the end of the bypass. Probably just as well really, as after a workout and the mood I was then in, greeting him may have made the situation MUCH WORSE!!! :evil:

The glass is just held in with a few clips. Use a screwdriver to unclip them, it doesnt do any damage.

The glass is just held in with a few clips. Use a screwdriver to unclip them, it doesnt do any damage.

Fantastic, thanks for this info. I will check this out tonight and see where that leads me.

Just hoping that I don't find anymore damage when I get the time to look :roll:

What a day.........

NjA666, check the Knowledge base, black surround comes off then several metal clips hold the glass on - careful not to cut yourself!

Worth having a look first to check for any other damage before getting the new lense...