Sign in to follow this  
VRev6

VR6 dies in second gear when cold

Hello, how u all doing?

just joined the forum after reading it for about two days solid and getting no work done! oops! :? excellent site. :D

ive had my 95 M VR6 for about a year now and its the best car ive had, i had a BMW 320i previously but this p***es all over that :D

Anyway i have a slight niggle, whenever i drive it from cold i change into second gear and it just loses all power but then it quickly comes back and when its warm its great its not a major problem i know i was just wondering what it could be. any ideas would be great?

cheers. :D

p.s Anybody got any idea how much a starter motors would be?

Hi!

The starter motor will set you back, dunno how much from VW, but you can get a recon unit from GSF (http://www.gsfcarparts.com) for around £100. And that's for a Bosch, so it's OEM and good quality.

Not sure about the other problem, it could be one of millions of things. Some kind of engine sensor, dodgy vacuum hoses, electrical problems, the works.

Cheers,

Matt.

Nice one mate, i just went to GSF and found out there is one only a mile away from me and its £132 :D i just hope mine lasts till i get paid in a few weeks!!! :?

might just learn to live with the other problem as it ain't major.

thanks. :D 8)

But you'll get £30 back when you return your old one, it's a surcharge. They recondition your old one and sell it on.

M. :)