Sign in to follow this  
awesomecorrado

lowering springs

i have recently fitted 40mm lowering spring to my 1990 rado but there is no difference in right height from the standard! any reason for this? fitted fronts and look look awesome but disappointed with the rears. can anyone help? cheers mark

What make were the springs - are you sure the ones you took off were the original VW ones (should have coloured blobs of paint to identify them)

What shocks did you use and did you cut the rear bump stops down?

hi, not sure as i bought them from ebay. all i know is they are -40mm and i`ve fitted them with bilstein shocks. as i say the front has dropped and is looking phat but the rears still look 4x4!! haven`t touched the bump stops. didn`t realise u had too. cheers mark

Hi - Yeah the rear bump stops are also 'spring assistors' - without shortening them the car will be constantly riding on them... you need to chop 40mm off!

Any pics/guides on cutting the bump stops at all as i will HOPEFULLY be getting a vr soon and will be lowering it. Thanks.

Rob

What do i need to lower my C. I was looking at the J-Tec Springs, and then I was looking at the Evo Racing Kit the do on ebay. Anyone know whats best as I have searched the forum and not really found the answer I need?

Any pics/guides on cutting the bump stops at all as i will HOPEFULLY be getting a vr soon and will be lowering it. Thanks.

Rob

I got a set of bumpstops recently from here (thanks quicky1980), although they were labeklled as rear i think they're for the front. Not a problem, they acn be adjusted for different ride heights. I want to fit them (and get some new ones for the rear) how much should they be dropped assuming a 40mm suspension drop? Dropping the bump stops by 40mm will almost halve them...

oh nuts thanks for the thread its just answered why my car still sits high on the rear but the front dropped i never even thought about the rear bump stops being too long , and ive been a mechanic for 20 yrs , i was waiting for the springs to settle cheers :lol:

Rob

I got a set of bumpstops recently from here (thanks quicky1980), although they were labeklled as rear i think they're for the front. Not a problem, they acn be adjusted for different ride heights. I want to fit them (and get some new ones for the rear) how much should they be dropped assuming a 40mm suspension drop? Dropping the bump stops by 40mm will almost halve them...

any suggestions from those who have lowered their cars?

when i did mine, lowering 40mm i probably took about 20mm off the bump stop.

don't try doing with a chop saw tho :lol: i resorted to a stanley knife after a little "incident" :lol:

when i did mine, lowering 40mm i probably took about 20mm off the bump stop.

don't try doing with a chop saw tho :lol: i resorted to a stanley knife after a little "incident" :lol:

i hope we did not loose to much off our hands

no the bumpstop must of started to melt and it got stuck to blade and sucked up into saw, and got stuck between the blade and guard

the weird thing is the gap was about 1cm wide and the whole bumpstop managed to fit up there somehow :?

had to get another bumpstop and spent ages trying to fix a mates saw :lol:

Should the bump stops be loose on the shock? I've got some poly bump stops which i cant even get on to the shock shaft - well, they go up to the threaded part and then refuse to go any further. That cant be right surely?

bumpstops arent free but the should pull over the damper shaft , they normally sit at the top of the damper shaft .

bumpstops arent free but the should pull over the damper shaft , they normally sit at the top of the damper shaft .

Ah, OK. I'll just pull them down a little further then. Your sig is very appropriate - excellent!