Sign in to follow this  
Lurkertom

Question for the guys with 16V G60's

Not many 16V G60's on this side of the world (Washington State). I have a line on a "rare" (?) cast aluminum VW oil pan from a 16V G60 from a nice bloke in Canada I met at WaterWagens last Sunday. I would like to know if it will fit my 8V PG block G60. Can anyone tell me with 100% certainty yea or nay? Will there be clearance issues with the oil pump? What is the capacity for the oil? and will I need a new dip stick?

The bolt pattern looks as if it will fit up OK. I'll add a picture of it shortly. Thanks in advance.

PICT0421.jpg

PICT0422.jpg

PICT0427.jpg

Ok, had a fiddle on etka, that part is long discontinued and now replaced by 049 103 599D, which is listed as a sump for audi 4 cylender cars 1978 to 1984 with the DZ engine code.

heres the page of etka that refers to it.....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/ ... 981/dz.jpg

theres nothing to say this isnt a 16vg60 sump, afterall vwm would have used whatever parts from the bin they saw fit.....

VW used a standard sump for the 16v G60's with the addition of an oil return line being fitted.

As for if it fits or not I would go and get a sump gasket for the G60 and see if the holes line up.

looks like a sump from an audi 80 sport?, oil pumps apparently dont pick up properly and are more trouble than they are worth.

thats the case with an old mk1 golf i had anyway.