Sign in to follow this  
corrado_16v

Full gasket set for 16V

Im doing a rebuild on my 1.8 16v KR engine and was just wondring if eany one know were i can get hold of a full gasket kit for it.

All so were wud be the best place to take the head to get it ported and polishet??

I got mine from GSF if that helps...

price up VAG too, for the 2.0L they are pretty reasonable, but GSF or ECP would probably be chaeper for the 1.8 bits. My pattern 1.8 set from a small motor factors came with both 42 and 50mm manifold gaskets.

i tryed GSF and thay did not have one all thay cud get was the head gasket i cud do with one that comes with both 42 and 50mm manifold gaskets as i have both manifold as im still not shore what one i want to put back on.

i tryed GSF and thay did not have one all thay cud get was the head gasket i cud do with one that comes with both 42 and 50mm manifold gaskets as i have both manifold as im still not shore what one i want to put back on.

You're in N'ton, where about's?, I'm in wootton, try Motoserve in Milton Keynes for a full set or ECP, if you have no luck I'll ask my dad how much he can get one through a factors from work, I'd imagine a full set is around 30-40 quid, plus new stretch bolts.

My head was done a Towcester Tuning, not sure if they are still around, they were based in Silverstone village, other than that the guys on the club gti forum will give you details of the best suppliers for 16v heads.

Theres a GSF down grafton street its easy to find thay tryed to sell me the gasket set for a 8v ive been looking on the ECP wed site and cant find it one there ive sent them an email to see if thay do one. That wud be sweet if u cud find out if he can get hold of one.

im rebuilding the head and the rest of the engine my self i just need some one else to port and polish the head as i dont have the time right now lol