Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Admiral Multicar Insurance

Just got quotes on all four of the cars with their new Multicar group policy and with all mods declared the prices made a pleasant surprise: Nugget G60 £340, Aqua G60 with business use £340, Bora V5 £290 and Golf GTI Cab $260, would save me about £500 a year

Just got quotes on all four of the cars with their new Multicar group policy and with all mods declared the prices made a pleasant surprise: Nugget G60 £340, Aqua G60 with business use £340, Bora V5 £290 and Golf GTI Cab $260, would save me about £500 a year

Andy665, just came across this thanks to the 'search'...

Does this mean you have all cars covered on one blanket policy? I'm currently running two cars (the C whenever i can and a GTi for the commute/shopping run) and can't get any love from the insurance companies when i say "i can only be driving one at any time"... so hoping that this multicar policy may be what i'm looking for.

cheers fella.

You can have as many cars on the policy as you want - seems like a good idea but all four of my cars have their insurance renewal dates spread out

Only problem with mainstream insurers in my experience is with modifications to the cars.. Churchill seem ok with the basics but I can't imagine how much of a nightmare they'd be with significant engine (and other) changes.. how good are Admiral in that respect?

Privilege currently insure the 'Rado, but flat refused any form of multi-car policy - in fact the 'i can only be driving one of them at once' just drew a sneer... ha, probably because the guy still drives his Mum's 1.2 Corsa :-P

and Admiral... tried the online quote thing and got

"We are unable to provide a quote for you for the following reasons:

GTi - we would like to know more about how you plan to use this car (presumably as i ticked the 'commute' box for this one)

Corrado - we need more information about your car

(declared the mods)"

...so much for t'internet, time to ring India and explain :roll:

I've just done the Admiral Multicar thing online and got a quote of £522 for my Corrado VR6 and Mk2 GTi 8V, can't beleive it tbh, I was paying more than that for just the Corrado before! I hope I haven't ticked the wrong box somewhere.

Its confirmed £532 for both cars! Spoke to a top guy called Alex there. I was working on the basis of the Corrado having 10 years NCB and the Golf having 0 years NCB which would have put the price up to £644. Phoned them and they said they would mirror the 10 years NCB on the Golf policy too. £122 discount effectively. No penalisation for minor mods, they were really helpful too, saying things like if you pay a fiver more we can lower your excess by a hundred pounds too. You don't normally get that! Thumbs up for Admiral!

what happens with your no claims? does each car earn their own?

My concern (provided I can get multicar policy on an r32 corrado syncro and a fazer 1000) would be that should I go for individual policies in teh future one of my no claims would be scrapped.

I'm not sure whether you retain the 'mirrored' NCB or not. As long as I keep the 10 years worth on one of them I'm not too worried. Good point though!

I've got an Admiral multicar on my four cars too - AIUI, they do a protected no-claims across the board on all the cars.

For my 911, Storm & 2 Golf VR6's (the last 3 all have declared mods), I'm paying just under £900 fully comp including business use. Be aware that Admiral will not cover things like non-standard alloys (even if they are declared), so in effect you are accepting that you won't get a payout if they're nicked.

The trick seems to be to declare only 5,000 miles/year on each vehicle & make sure you give them all fair use over the year :)

Just got a quote for £300 for the C, and £325 for the vRS- all mods declared. Very pleased with that!

My renewal quote with A Flux is £440 for the C!

The best I could get from Confused.com was £340 for the C.

Looks like it will be Admiral then.