Sign in to follow this  
rmn

G60 8v Cyliner heads

Having a chat with one of the lads and am trying to decide what the best cylinder head is for an 8v g60

Is it the standard one, ported and polished

Standard Big Valve,

Eurospec,

G werks one

Whats gives the best air flow?

Thanks

The G-werks CNC, BIG VALVE, tape polished head flows more than the eurospec, TSR big valve, Jabba big valve, Racepower big valve or a standard 16V KR head...

No head can offer a perfect flow, (the fact it has to go in and out of the cylinders to burn screws that up!!!!) but the full G-werks CNC, big valve, tape polished head is pretty much as far as you can take a standard 8V head without getting into the extremes such as oval valve stems etc which CNC Heads have experimented with and found upto an extra 5low!!! :crazyeyes:

G-werks offer several versions of the CNC head and they all flow very well, with the full monty one like I have on H-YYU being the best (obviously!!!) As such, some flow better and some flow not quite as well as other competitors heads... It's all a question of cost and how extreme you want to go... 8)

The best thing about the G-werks CNC head is that you KNOW exactly how the head is going to flow before you get one as they're all CNC machined and therefore they're all identical. You'd be hard pressed to get flow details/graphs out of pretty much any other head supplier as most of them are either done by hand, or at most, done to a pattern, not on a CNC mill/lathe to get them to the level of repeatability and flow that the guys up at CNC Heads have managed... 8)

Our Std Valve Heads Are £550 + Vat

Big Valve heads Start from £1100 + Vat

Eurospec heads i belive start from around 2600 euro (unmachined)

RMN if you want one ill knock off £150.00 to you for that displacer.

Im not sure what the other heads cost nowdays,

If anyone would like any flow data please feel free to pm me/ post up here and ill put them up.

@Darren As you know Darren give me time. I'd be v interested to see flow data of the BV head you do though over standard (or more so against any of the competitors) ;)

@Henny was this the head that was responsible for you not being able to draw in enough air (did I read that somewhere - maybe the twin inlet thread...???)

_leon_, it wasn't that it couldn't draw in enough air, it's that it appears to have been using all of the air that the supercharger could get to it... (Ie boost dropped to zero on the boost gauge being used at the time towards redline while being mapped...)

The head is, indeed, one of Darren's big valve CNC jobbies that's then also been tape polished to get the absolute most out of it...

I've since chatted to some people and realised that there were some other factors involved in that reading that probably make it a false reading, although it definately was getting close to using all of the boost that my aging supercharge was giving it... 8)

thats well impressive. how do you feel it performed from changing from a previous head - and after a remap?

it's a totally different beast... much more torque all through the range, much more power (approx 20% increase over my previous RacePowerMotorsport ported head!) and much more insane to drive! 8)

Deffo worth it... 8)