Sign in to follow this  
Ryan S

Ryan's Burgundy Pearl Metallic VR6

Well – I’ve been flitting around on here for ages, originally looking for a G60 (I chickened out) – then looking for another at the end of the summer. Of course the right car was never in the right place – I missed loads, and saw quite a few that didn’t hit the spot. Now I’ve finally got a VR6 - thanks to Peanut!!! (isn’t it typical – I’ve seen a few really nice G60’s advertised since I got my VR :roll: )

You may have seen Peanut’s thread about the mods he’d completed…unfortunately I couldn’t stretch (excuse the pun) to buying the car on the tasty split rims, but I’m liking the speedlines all the same.

So apart from the wheels, I’ve also put the standard grill back on (soon to be colour coded thanks to a swap with Stan24v :wink: ).

So spec - Corrado vr6

Burgundy Pearl metallic (LC3U) - this was the clincher - my fave colour :oops:

1993 L-reg Fsh VW/Stealth/Dubsport

130500 miles

Polished engine cover

Magnecor 8.5mm plug leads

ITG induction kit

Magnex (cat back) stainless exhaust

Konigsport coilovers

Red tinted rear lights (Peanut also painted the outside of the headlight lenses)

Lupo wipers

Colour coded eyebrow spoiler

Colour coded delocked door handles – need to refit the passenger one

Smoked side repeaters

Passat moonroof conversion and flush switch panel

Beige storm leather interior minus door cards (including carpets, plastics, headlining etc etc) good condition no rips or tears

Sony single cd headunit with focal components

Cobra alarm and immobiliser with full closure

I’ll put a few snaps up later – no port at work.

Things I have noticed –

I love the low down lazy driving the engine provides

I love the howl after 4K rpm!

I need to get the coilovers up a tad…too many speedbumps on the way to work

Slow leak from rear alloy (I’m impressed I noticed that something didn’t feel quite ‘right’ at the back!)

In short – I’m impressed – so much so that it’s booked in at Stealth for it’s annual service in 4wks time.

Nice one mate, i wanted to buy this car but didnt have the funds at the time, but i got myself a minter in the end and i love it. Get some pics up as i havent seen it on speedlines and i want to :lol:

Rob.

Beautiful that. lovely looking C. Bet your chuffed to bits.

Yep - I do really like it - but need to sort out a couple of things to make it a bit more Ryan friendly! Not sure where it fits in the fleet - the mk1 gets more smiles/mile for me - it's a car I've wanted to own since I was 10 or 11. The Bora is an awsome car for eating up m-way miles - nearly 60MPG to Wales at 80mph+

The MPG could be the C's downfall - but I'll reserve judgement until I've had it for the winter.

I did enjoy myself today when a c*ck in a repmobile decided to drive 1m from the rear bumper in heavy traffic on the A34 :evil: ...I waited patiently for the cars ahead to move over...accelerated gently...he was still pressing - gave him a wave and off went Wedge :scatter:- he was a spec in the distance by the time I reached my junction :-P

Snap! Those pictures look exactly like my car except eyebrow spoiler (and reg plate of course)

Best colour imo 8)

oh, and it hardly ever looks burgundy, most people mistake it for black which is very annoying :roll:

Best colour imo 8)

oh, and it hardly ever looks burgundy, most people mistake it for black which is very annoying :roll:

It's got RED written on most of the old MoT's!

No additions (I'm trying to clean up the rocco for a meet at the weekend).

But I spent a whopping 56p on a new battery for the alarm fob - much improved - but it still won't do anything like the claimed 10m range in the booklet! Also found that the spare fob doesn't work :cry:

Looking at getting a handbrake gaitor, just waiting for a sample (probably get matching gear gaitor too). Need to give the interior a bloody good clean 1st though...job for tuesday.

Looks great! ride height looks spot on any idea what set up it is?

Cheers Steve,

It's got Konigsport coilovers - and I think they're set fairly low...and firm.

I do like the look of it - but it's not practical for my commute - there's about 10 huuuuge speed bumps through the village just before the office (they're the big square ones - not the ones that are fully across the rd), and the scrap is not nice if I have to go over them straight on. So to remedy this I'm having to wait for a gap, and go over both (through the gap between them) which is a pain in rush hr as gaps in the traffic are sometimes few and far between!

So - long term it will by sitting higher (not by too much I hope) and have a slightly softer ride (I must be getting old)

Put the colour coded grill on today (thanks again to Stan 24v) - no chance of photo's due to the weather.

Now on the lookout for smoked rear lights....standard or FK.

Glad the grille is sorted mate ;)

If youre changing to smoked lights, what you doing with the reds?

I just bought a new handbrake gaiter too, looks good imho ;)

^ Because I put it there!

Still reckon the black one looks better ;)

You can send it back if you like, in case I decide to go back to standard grille at some point :?